High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

MS200T will not run right

Sentinel620

New OPE Member
Local time
7:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Ok so this is my first post ever fwiw. However, I’ve read a ton of posts and have learned a lot from you guys. And for that I’m thankful.

Now on to the meat and potatoes.

So I have this 200t that will not idle whatsoever. It also has extremely slow throttle response.

I’ve replaced the fuel line, fuel filter, carburetor, intake manifold, impulse line, gas cap, and spark plug. All Chinese parts from hlsproparts.com

I’m currently at a standstill. Debating on junking this saw or getting someone from here to work on it for me. ALL OPINIONS ARE WELCOME.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They were plagued with carb problems .However it could be bad seals caused by bad bearings .That saw uses roller bearings mains which have a fiber thrust washer built into the bearing that eventually wears out causing side slop .Bearings and seals used to be about 60 bucks from a dealer .
As far as the carb ,Stihl as a company never admitted they had problems ,it was grease monkeys like us that figured it out .At any rate rather than fill the page with type I'll just say try a new carb .I think Definative Dave had some people say have worked great and a lot cheaper than going OEM .That saw by the way is a high dollar little rascal and would be worth dumping a little money in .

Sentinel620

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I truly hope it isn’t bad seals. I don’t think I’m quite advanced enough to replace the seals. Hopefully I just bought a crappy carb. I’m using the Zama C1Q-S126B. Just put it on a few days ago. It can run wide open at max RPM, I just have to pump the throttle to keep it from dying.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m just lucky I guess but I’ve rebuilt two OEM and assembled two Farmertec 200t’s and the carbs have been no problem. Adjust and tune normally. [emoji848]

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check the metering lever height as I have seen multiple carbs in the last year where this lever is set too low which leads to lean out at idle. Just a thought...

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so this is my first post ever fwiw. However, I’ve read a ton of posts and have learned a lot from you guys. And for that I’m thankful.

Now on to the meat and potatoes.

So I have this 200t that will not idle whatsoever. It also has extremely slow throttle response.

I’ve replaced the fuel line, fuel filter, carburetor, intake manifold, impulse line, gas cap, and spark plug. All Chinese parts from hlsproparts.com

I’m currently at a standstill. Debating on junking this saw or getting someone from here to work on it for me. ALL OPINIONS ARE WELCOME.
I can fix it for you if it has worn seals, to determine that first you have to try a known working carb or a new OEM on it otherwise you will go crazy and waste time. PM inbound with my phone number,call me I can get you running. I have carbs in stock .

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They were plagued with carb problems .However it could be bad seals caused by bad bearings .That saw uses roller bearings mains which have a fiber thrust washer built into the bearing that eventually wears out causing side slop .Bearings and seals used to be about 60 bucks from a dealer .
As far as the carb ,Stihl as a company never admitted they had problems ,it was grease monkeys like us that figured it out .At any rate rather than fill the page with type I'll just say try a new carb .I think Definative Dave had some people say have worked great and a lot cheaper than going OEM .That saw by the way is a high dollar little rascal and would be worth dumping a little money in .
Dave is all out of them and all the rest of the China crap ones wont work. I rebuild OEM or buy new for the interim.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FWIW those little tiny seals are by far the easiest to change .Use a pair of ice picks or little screw drivers and just pry them out .Pop them back in with a deep socket,piece of tubing .Usually it's the clutch side that leaks which is also the easiest to change . They are odd little things,not the double lip type with a metal seat you see on most saws .I might have a picture if I can find it .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If this will copy it shows the built in thrust washer in the bearing
s-l225.jpg

Sentinel620

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I replaced the fuel line, fuel filter and impulse line with OEM and now it works. I think this chainsawnis possessed lol