Trader history (0)

mortalitool

aka Nick Stoeckel
Local time
10:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That looks great Tim! For all who are wondering where this part goes, see the below picture.
bc6e70755e3dc6ca0d513a24df4c7f6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
7:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does that mount blow out a lot on the 020/200Ts in general? We didn't sell too many 020/200Ts at the shop I worked at but the 011 has a similar mount that blows out every couple years, depending on how heavy-handed the operator is.

mortalitool

aka Nick Stoeckel
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does that mount blow out a lot on the 020/200Ts in general? We didn't sell too many 020/200Ts at the shop I worked at but the 011 has a similar mount that blows out every couple years, depending on how heavy-handed the operator is.

It does quite a bit on the 020t and 200t. I do believe it is the same or its a very similar mount on those series of saws Jacob.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Do you notice any increased vibes in the handle as a result of this?

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Have you thought about maybe reducing he cost by drilling out the centre hole for clearance on the threads and use a longer screw that goes straight through from the handle into the case? Just an idea!

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
those are pretty darn spiffy Tim :)
we sell a metric butt-load of the aftermarket rubber buffers for that spot but the problem is that they don't have the center of the rubber relived properly so if a guy screws them on too tight he can destroy them during installation, or the center can be drilled in about 4 seconds
Ill send you a PM Tim, i would love to send some of those to Lone Wolf to torture test, they look brilliant and stout, my only worry is putting more strain on the other mounts including the intake boot which is part of the AV on that saw.
Dave

dieselfitter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
we sell a metric butt-load of the aftermarket rubber buffers for that spot but the problem is that they don't have the center of the rubber relived properly so if a guy screws them on too tight he can destroy them during installation, or the center can be drilled in about 4 seconds
Ill send you a PM Tim, i would love to send some of those to Lone Wolf to torture test, they look brilliant and stout, my only worry is putting more strain on the other mounts including the intake boot which is part of the AV on that saw.
Dave
It actually puts less strain on the intake boot.
Thanks Dave.

dieselfitter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you thought about maybe reducing he cost by drilling out the centre hole for clearance on the threads and use a longer screw that goes straight through from the handle into the case? Just an idea!
That's a great idea. I've been drilling and tapping from both sides to allow a blind hole for the stud to bottom against.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only if they pull too hard on the handle like when the bar gets pinched or something.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dave
I would like to see how much more it vibrates your hands?

dieselfitter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you notice any increased vibes in the handle as a result of this?
It didn't seem bad but it was a subjective observation. I'm sure there are more vibrations transmitted to the user. How much more, I don't know. Nick is going to bring over his MS200T next week and we will check. I've been looking for an opportunity to try this out. We'll check with and without the av mount and try a few other saws.DSCN3486.JPG

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It didn't seem bad but it was a subjective observation. I'm sure there are more vibrations transmitted to the user. How much more, I don't know. Nick is going to bring over his MS200T next week and we will check. I've been looking for an opportunity to try this out. We'll check with and without the av mount and try a few other saws.View attachment 80201

That's an awesome idea, based on your findings I may ask a friend to some for myself, only with a through hole as mentioned earlier. Postage would probably be the killer for me being in the U.K. Or I'd have asked @Lone Wolf to make a couple.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It didn't seem bad but it was a subjective observation. I'm sure there are more vibrations transmitted to the user. How much more, I don't know. Nick is going to bring over his MS200T next week and we will check. I've been looking for an opportunity to try this out. We'll check with and without the av mount and try a few other saws.View attachment 80201

Man you have all the cool *s-word!

dieselfitter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Didnt know that was you on chainsaw repair offering these up awhile back. Great idea and seemed like alot of interest there.
Thanks. Actually Nick/Mortalitool posted it there. It was his idea, he sent me a drawing and I made some up. I was a little skeptical about the idea. Concerned about more vibration and possibly damaging the case if overloaded.
After seeing it installed, the idea gained merit. The handle attaching to it is plastic and flexes. Not all the vibration is being transferred to the operator. If overloaded, the handle should fail before case damage would occur.

dieselfitter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Didnt know that was you on chainsaw repair offering these up awhile back. Great idea and seemed like alot of interest there.
Kevin, thanks for posting my response on facebook.