High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

ms200t ring install

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
11:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks---maybe the moderator can fix it?

Ahh, don't take it personally but the mods here are....well...see....one is a monkey and the other is a dirty hippy, actually the monkey mod is somewhat of a hippy too and all but that one is more of a mechanically inclined hippie.
So to get the one mods attention you have to spell somethin wrong er use a comma in error, then that SOP....(sonofapatchuli wearing) guy shows up like its his bidding in life....
Now the chimpy mod , he don't come round so much any more since he got rich raisin cattle and now he's all up in hisself good...plus he gots a funny accent and all so he's kinda hard to understand anyway.

:)

@Jon1212 @Mastermind @Gentleman

Last edited:

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
9:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Ahh, don't talk it personally but the mods here are....well...see....one is a monkey and the other is a dirty hippy, actually the monkey mod is somewhat of a hippy too and all but that one is more of a mechanically inclined hippie.
So to get the one mods attention you have to spell somethin wrong er use a comma in error, then that SOP....(sonofapatchuli wearing) guy shows up like its his bidding in life....
Now the chimpy mod , he don't come round so much any more since he got rich raisin cattle and now he's all up in hisself good...plus he gots a funny accent and all so he's kinda hard to understand anyway.

Screenshot_2017-02-11-21-59-55.png

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
9:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Usually they work for me. But sometimes I don't get them, and then a few days later I get a bunch from days prior...
I use Tapatalk though on my phone.
On the web browser you should see a watched thread link that should take you to them.
I hope that helps...
if not maybe jon1212 can help???
Notifications have been spotty at times. I'm not sure if it is related to the Xenforo software, but the same issue is prevalent on AS, so I would imagine it plays a role.

When you do receive a notification you have to acknowledge it, or you will automatically quit receiving notifications of new posts. You can reinstate the auto notices by simply viewing the thread in question.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ahh, don't take it personally but the mods here are....well...see....one is a monkey and the other is a dirty hippy, actually the monkey mod is somewhat of a hippy too and all but that one is more of a mechanically inclined hippie.

You funny....
Lol

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks paragonbuilder I didn't receive this response either.
Top of this thread says "unwatched". when I click on it to mark "watched" it stated it is a watched thread do I want to mark unwatched ? ?

Thanks---maybe the moderator can fix it?

We've got a good tech guy here......but he can't seem to fix the notifications either.

Seems to be an issue in the forum format.

Husky187

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, not revive a dead thread but I will be installing the rings later this afternoon, after 4 weeks of back order the OEM Stihl ones finally came in. I'm sure I could've reached out to someone here, I actually should of just sent a box of parts to someone to do it for me, but i would like to learn.

The reason I post is because I do not possess an actual piston ring clamp. Are there alternatives that I could do in order to set it in properly? Also, do I need to check for any type of gap parameter on the side of the cylinder once they are seated in there? And then finally if I do get it all back together properly and in working order, do I need to run it through some heat cycles to get the rings to temper in there correctly?

Any bit helps, also, there is a possibility that a 200t will be coming up on the chainsaw ads later today, or the parts.... first dibs lies within the contributors to this thread.... Thanks in advance.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, not revive a dead thread but I will be installing the rings later this afternoon, after 4 weeks of back order the OEM Stihl ones finally came in. I'm sure I could've reached out to someone here, I actually should of just sent a box of parts to someone to do it for me, but i would like to learn.

The reason I post is because I do not possess an actual piston ring clamp. Are there alternatives that I could do in order to set it in properly? Also, do I need to check for any type of gap parameter on the side of the cylinder once they are seated in there? And then finally if I do get it all back together properly and in working order, do I need to run it through some heat cycles to get the rings to temper in there correctly?

Any bit helps, also, there is a possibility that a 200t will be coming up on the chainsaw ads later today, or the parts.... first dibs lies within the contributors to this thread.... Thanks in advance.
If you need help you can ship that saw to me and I could get it all fixed up at a very fair price. See how it goes today,

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Regarding the 020 and 200T They are in my opinion the most user friendly saws Stihl ever made as far as ease of working on them .The muffler bolts originally had a serrated belleville type of washer.It's a good idea to make certain it gets reassembled that way .The screws won't rattle loose if you get them tight .The belleville allows for expansion and contraction .

Red loctite won't neccessarily work because heat is what you use to release it's adhesive properties .Try it if you like though .

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Regarding the 020 and 200T They are in my opinion the most user friendly saws Stihl ever made as far as ease of working on them .The muffler bolts originally had a serrated belleville type of washer.It's a good idea to make certain it gets reassembled that way .The screws won't rattle loose if you get them tight .The belleville allows for expansion and contraction .

Red loctite won't neccessarily work because heat is what you use to release it's adhesive properties .Try it if you like though .
Those washers area nice touch to keeping a muffler in place yes!

jimmorrison

Riding on the storm
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

So, how'd it go?

Husky187

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finished up this afternoon and went to fire it and it turn over but it just wants to rev. It seems like it doesn't want to idle down and then it'll start to burn up the clutch and smoke after a few seconds. I tried to adjust the idle, thinking that it could be high but that doesn't seem to be the issue, or help it at all.

Everything seemed to go well during the assembly, the rings went on very smooth into the jug, and I just tried to take my time and referenced the manual and some screenshot images quite a bit. Everything in the handle assembly also seems to be functioning properly as well and pull on the carb correctly.

It's just the issue of revving immediately and not idling... any help is appreciated

Jiles

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Finished up this afternoon and went to fire it and it turn over but it just wants to rev. It seems like it doesn't want to idle down and then it'll start to burn up the clutch and smoke after a few seconds. I tried to adjust the idle, thinking that it could be high but that doesn't seem to be the issue, or help it at all.

Everything seemed to go well during the assembly, the rings went on very smooth into the jug, and I just tried to take my time and referenced the manual and some screenshot images quite a bit. Everything in the handle assembly also seems to be functioning properly as well and pull on the carb correctly.

It's just the issue of revving immediately and not idling... any help is appreciated

I have worked on a few where owner had punched a small hole in rubber intake during assembly.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Air leak or bent throttle linkage it could be the long rod inside the handle or the short rod at the carb , see if there is any play when the trigger is at rest if no slack something bent if slack then an air leak. Based on your description any way. Last ditch effort before a vac - pressure test disconnect the throttle linkage off the carb start it and see if that cures it. If you need help send it to me.

Last edited:

jimmorrison

Riding on the storm
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Were you able to set the idle, low, and high adjustments? The manual has initial settings.

Husky187

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Were you able to set the idle, low, and high adjustments? The manual has initial settings.

The carb was in spec prior to my "screw up." I will check the boot and the throttle linkage for the mentioned causes. I'll keep you guys posted when I check these out. LoneWolf, I may end up sending it to you and admitting defeat...

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
fullsizeoutput_207.jpeg
The carb was in spec prior to my "screw up." I will check the boot and the throttle linkage for the mentioned causes. I'll keep you guys posted when I check these out. LoneWolf, I may end up sending it to you and admitting defeat...
One more thing check to see if the impulse line is connected. look under the air box with a light and make sure the black rubber impulse line is connected to the nipple.

Last edited:

Husky187

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 57922
One more thing check to see if the impulse line is connected. look under the air box with a light and make sure the black rubber impulse line is connected to the nipple.

So initially I hadn't had the impulse line connected, but there is a 7 part video of a breakdown on YouTube that a guy, I believe from AS did, and it's pretty comprehensive. It was funny too because I initially saw the impulse line and was like "where does this even go" little to find out that was the last thing in his video he too forgot to connect. After work today I'll tinker around with it and check for any type of small pinch hole. I didn't use anything that was really sharp, especially around the rubber components, but who knows what could've happened from twisting and undoing everything. LoneWolf, I believe I purchased the saw from you, serves me right I go and mess up a good thing...

jimmorrison

Riding on the storm
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I too, am watching. I have been needing a top handle for a while, just have not pulled the trigger yet. I hope you get it sorted. With Lone Wolfs' help, you just might. No shame in sending it out. It's like replacing the timing chain on your kids' Honda Civic. First you find out it's not a chain, it's a belt. Then you realize the water pump and a bunch of other stuff goes with it. Cluster duck. After you do ten of them, you can't remember what the problem was.