Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Al,
Ive run into more of the similar cases in this OP thread. Where the bushings are weak and the ape continues to pinch the bar and pull on that summabeach till the intake manifold rips and he attempts to "overcome" the shortcomings of an uncontrollable throttle and idle . usually the kill switch wires are reduced to rubble in the "pinch and pull" dance too.
@Al Smith
A mans got to control them Ape's!

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone needs some China bearings they can have mine free you pay shipping.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
nice china gauge :)
Well then don't take my word for it and use the damn bearings! Want me to send them to you? Gauge is from a different maker! And I know you are kidding but I was waiting for that! You don't need a gauge to see they suck that was done to evaluate a product for a seller.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
hopefully I'm done rebuilding the 200's for a while lol.

I think its stupid they put roller bearings in there in the first place. obviously they last a bit, but it sure seems to me regular caged balls would last better. but what do I know.

ya HAD to know that if you put a pic of "made in china" front and center someone was gonna notice hehe :)

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
hopefully I'm done rebuilding the 200's for a while lol.

I think its stupid they put roller bearings in there in the first place. obviously they last a bit, but it sure seems to me regular caged balls would last better. but what do I know.

ya HAD to know that if you put a pic of "made in china" front and center someone was gonna notice hehe :)
I did know and I don't care it is more than accurate enough. did I make a believer out of you?I rarely have problems with these roller bearings! Carbs are always a problem! The saw should come with a spare carb!

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Straight roller or cylindrical bearings run in cylindrical raceways and have low-friction, high-radial load capacity, and high speed capability. Roller bearings are cylinder-shaped bearings where the point of contact between the bearing and the race is a line rather than a point. Load is distributed over a larger area and allows the bearing to handle a greater load. To minimize its tendency to skew, the roller’s length is not much greater than the diameter of the roller.

Straight-Roller-bearings.gif

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
well, I believe those carbs are an issue. that accelerator pump DOES wear out... like a tiny little piston getting scored.

would be really nice to have a proper AM option, but on these little saws, it does seem best to go oem. they are worth it.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ball Bearings

Ball bearings are most common type of bearing and can handle both radial and thrust loads. Ball bearings are also known as deep-groove single-row or Conrad bearings. The inner ring is typically fastened to the rotating shaft and the groove on the outer diameter provides a circular ball raceway. The outer ring is mounted onto the bearing housing. The ball bearings are housed in a race and when the load is applied, it is transmitted from the outer race to the ball and from the ball to the inner race. The raceway grooves have typical curvature radii of 51.5% to 53% of the ball diameter. Smaller curvature raceways can cause high rolling friction due to the tight conformity of the balls and raceways. Higher curvature raceways can shorten fatigue life from increased stress in the smaller ball-race contract area.

Ball-bearings_0.gif

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
maybe one day I'll figure out how to bore out the cases and put some larger bearings in there.... just for the hell of it.

for now, oem bearings are gonna have to do .... :(

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
well, I believe those carbs are an issue. that accelerator pump DOES wear out... like a tiny little piston getting scored.

would be really nice to have a proper AM option, but on these little saws, it does seem best to go oem. they are worth it.
The carbs Definitive Dave sell are the best aftermarket carbs I have seen for the 200T.They work and they work good. A lot of people when using them notice a difference with no accelerator pump but you get used to it.For the price go for it.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
maybe one day I'll figure out how to bore out the cases and put some larger bearings in there.... just for the hell of it.

for now, oem bearings are gonna have to do .... :(
The bearings are fine they make the saw a revving little monster leave it alone! Figure out what other brand carb that is really good can be made to fit on there and you will be in business.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Side play is no problem unless its a stupid amount.
Here's what I think happens .On the clutch side under the clutch eventually you get a build up of probably fine saw dust and bar oil which turns a carbon black color .Being rough in texture I think with too much side play it heats the seals and causes them to harden up then they leak .
Look at a known leaker some time .You might run it for ten minutes before it acts up which tells me something is expanding .With a 200T in tree work it might only run 5 minutes then is shut down and either a climber moves to another spot or does it from a bucket truck .
By the nature of the work the saw was intended for it would seldom if ever be taxed with running a tank full of fuel non ending .By the time most people figure out there's a problem the damage might already be done .

Last edited:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So here's my story and it happen to be on the "Super Bee" my hot runner .I used the little rascal for a ground saw then out of the clear blue about ten minutes and it would lean .I just shut it down .Then the time got shorter,shut it off .I ,like most thought it was the damned carb. Switched carbs,thought I found a crack in the fuel chamber .Finally thought about the seals,duh .Side slop .New seals and bearings fixed it .
I'm not saying beyond a shadow doubt that all lean out problems are due to bad bearings but I've found three so far. One of mine and two that belong to a buddy who has a tree service .His BTW was only on the clutch side bearing .You could tell by looking at the thrust washer but I replaced both .
OEM parts on those things,they don't make them any more which is a damned shame .

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here's what I think happens .On the clutch side under the clutch eventually you get a build up of probably fine saw dust and bar oil which turns a carbon black color .Being rough in texture I think with too much side play it heats the seals and causes them to harden up then they leak .
Look at a known leaker some time .You might run it for ten minutes before it acts up which tells me something is expanding .With a 200T in tree work it might only run 5 minutes then is shut down and either a climber moves to another spot or does it from a bucket truck .
By the nature of the work the saw was intended for it would seldom if ever be taxed with running a tank full of fuel non ending .By the time most people figure out there's a problem the damage might already be done .
That's so funny. Around here 200ts never get shut off. Darn things run about 8-10 hours a day. Yard oaks are spiderey creatures . Tons o branches.

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will have to get some OEM parts ordered..... The vids and pics were a week or so old before I ever had a chance to post them....
This (my) saw is low on the list...
I don't climb in this heat, I am working full time on a log cabin exterior restoration project.
Have other people's saws that will be in front of this also...
Have a couple 660's in process also..... Lots of work and no time...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I always likes the radials for flat out RPM. Nothing wears like they do! Plus you get free power with the low friction.

If you figure RPM vs time run. These baby's live at the top of the food chain!
A maxed out 35cc factory saw with a weak carb, as stated, would best describe the 200.