MS 462C

jackjcc

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have another 462 in the states thanks to @Alpha01. I was a little excited so I got a 25” es light bar at the local John deer/Stihl/Echo dealer. They focus in that order and I mentioned I had a 462 to put it on, he had never heard of it, which isn’t surprising because he isn’t much of a Saw guy. So I grabbed it to show him and the first thing he did was check to see if it was genuine stihl. After inspecting it he says “well, it looks like the real deal which is good for you. Where did you get it?” I got a chuckle from that.

Turns out a guy brought in a clone 660 that was junk. Which made him suspicious of the 462.

Anyways, if anyone has any questions let me know. I’m in Minnesota and if anybody else is in the state I’ll have the Saw at Saluting Branches this Wednesday at Ft Snelling. If you guys haven’t heard about Saluting Branches you really should take a look. It’s a day of service where Arborists donate their time and equipment to complete tree work at National Veterans Cemeteries. The company I work for started it a decade ago and started it nationally 4 years ago. I’ve proudly been a part of it every year I’ve known about it.

https://www.salutingbranches.org/

6a140f9a37e28aec359077559f8be41f.jpg

This is going to be the hardest Saw to fuel and run of all the new saws I’ve owned. It currently lives in the house because it’s never cut wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
9:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have another 462 in the states thanks to @Alpha01. I was a little excited so I got a 25” es light bar at the local John deer/Stihl/Echo dealer. They focus in that order and I mentioned I had a 462 to put it on, he had never heard of it, which isn’t surprising because he isn’t much of a Saw guy. So I grabbed it to show him and the first thing he did was check to see if it was genuine stihl. After inspecting it he says “well, it looks like the real deal which is good for you. Where did you get it?” I got a chuckle from that.

Turns out a guy brought in a clone 660 that was junk. Which made him suspicious of the 462.

Anyways, if anyone has any questions let me know. I’m in Minnesota and if anybody else is in the state I’ll have the Saw at Saluting Branches this Wednesday at Ft Snelling. If you guys haven’t heard about Saluting Branches you really should take a look. It’s a day of service where Arborists donate their time and equipment to complete tree work at National Veterans Cemeteries. The company I work for started it a decade ago and started it nationally 4 years ago. I’ve proudly been a part of it every year I’ve known about it.

https://www.salutingbranches.org/

6a140f9a37e28aec359077559f8be41f.jpg

This is going to be the hardest Saw to fuel and run of all the new saws I’ve owned. It currently lives in the house because it’s never cut wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you are enjoying it. Arrived in exactly 7-days from Greece to Minnesota...not bad at all. Beauty of a saw and very light for what it is.

I think many dealers who don't frequent these forums think the same way.

Thanks for your service to veterans.

If you need anything, just let me know.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im am proud of my fellow man doing good things for another especially for fallen in service. Very very nice saw i sure hope its as strong as it is light and holds up during normal commercial use like the 044 through 461s have.

Joe Kidd

I reckon so
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, what does the MS441 give up to the MS462 other than a pound or so of weight? Does the heavier MS441 have a heavier bottom end?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, what does the MS441 give up to the MS462 other than a pound or so of weight? Does the heavier MS441 have a heavier bottom end?
The 441 looks like a design change saw. Almost like Stihl was contemplating going that way, but opted to go with the 261 look instead. There are quite a few additional pieces in the intake system that add up to a lot of unnecessary weight.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
1:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will I sell my Stihl 046 Mag that runs perfectly today in order to pay through the nose and buy one of these? No entire way. I guess I am tradition oriented.