ms 462

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a quick note: Miller High Life is the "champagne of beers".

Well, my memory isn't that fresh, I left the States in Feb 1982. Anyway, try the test, although I doubt Miller will be up there anymore as they no longer 'naturally brew' it and use chemical accelerators like all the rest of the commercial beers.

There use to be some great naturally brewed Milwaukee beers, Miller, Pabst and Schlitz come to mind.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
9:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Years ago I did a 'taste test' of the top six beers. Michelob was supposed to be the Champagne of beers and it always came last with everybody who did the test. The top two were always Miller High Life and Schlitz.

Just get the beers you want to try, have someone pour them into identical glasses that are marked with a number. The person being tested doesn't know which beer is in each glass. Then after they line them up best to last, look at the numbers and see what the beers were. You'll likely be very surprised.

EDIT: It's a good way to start a party too!
I wanna party with you...

But only if it includes a bourbon taste test..

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I make my own vodka (80 proof). I use dextrose sugar to get the cleanest taste and then soak it in activated charcoal to refine it even more. Everyone agrees it is the smoothest vodka they have ever tasted.

We had a party in town and a brought a bottle of 190 proof (95% alcohol). I showed them how to knock back a shot glass of it (you can only realistically do two shots and then your on your butt).

The secret is to take a big breath of air, knock back the shot and then exhale. By exhaling after the shot you can blow the alcohol fumes out of your mouth.

It is hilarious when some big bloke gets it wrong and inhales after taking the shot - the alcohol fumes go straight into their lungs and the alcohol rush damn near makes their knees buckle.

I may be 70 years old, but I can still act like a dumb teenager at times.