67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine is held up in New York. [emoji90]

Apparently the address label is damaged and unreadable.

Huztel emailed me the problem and I had to call SF Express with the correct address.

EASL (English as a second language) was a problem.

[emoji90]

It shows up by next Wednesday or I file a complaint with PayPal.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
12:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The rubber anti-vibes are starting to deteriorate on my 660 other than that it’s been good ...I’m just waiting for the boom. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the average guy, they won't last very long. Buy cheap buy twice, you're just throwing that money away-not saving it.

We happen to be enthusiasts who can spot the visible deficiencies in the kits and be proactive about repairs during the build.

You have a lot of knowledge you've accumulated over the years Mike. What comes as second nature to you may go right over some novice's head.

A Chinese kit clone rip-off imitation saw will certainly be a different saw after many man-hours of assembling/repairing/modding. That adds to the price for many and then the diminishing return of not going OEM starts to inflate.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the average guy, they won't last very long. Buy cheap buy twice, you're just throwing that money away-not saving it.

We happen to be enthusiasts who can spot the visible deficiencies in the kits and be proactive about repairs during the build.

You have a lot of knowledge you've accumulated over the years Mike. What comes as second nature to you may go right over some novice's head.

A Chinese kit clone rip-off imitation saw will certainly be a different saw after many man-hours of assembling/repairing/modding. That adds to the price for many and then the diminishing return of not going OEM starts to inflate.
Well said.
I’ve ended up $150+ over initial investment just to get running without constant attention.
Notice I didn’t say reliably, even after the added OEM parts.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Which saw Dave? IMO, the 660 kits have far fewer problems than the 440 kits. Also, my Blue Cover 660 kit had several improvements over the previous kits.

I wish there was some way to document when and what they change, as it should not be based on the color of the covers!

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Which saw Dave? IMO, the 660 kits have far fewer problems than the 440 kits. Also, my Blue Cover 660 kit had several improvements over the previous kits.

I wish there was some way to document when and what they change, as it should not be based on the color of the covers!
Both 660 and 440.
I installed OEM fuel lines, filters and wrist pin bearings in both from new.
Carbs were junk, 1 cylinder out of round, 1 cylinder peeled plating, 1 piston with a casting flaw, 1 case pin walked into the clutch, 1 clutch breaking springs repeatedly, brake fitment issues, 2 leaking fuel tanks, 1 stripped bar stud, etc.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow, I recognize a lot of those problems, but not all of them. My 660 carbs have all worked, but none of the 440s (I had to re set the fuel lever on one 660), and I did not use any of the P+Cs (used Cross on the 660s and NWP BB on the 440s, mostly). Agree with case pins and clutch springs, but have not had any leaking fuel tanks or stripped bar studs (but I install the bar studs backwards on purpose, seem to work better for me that way).

Two 440s came with the wrong brake flags, and fitment issues for chains adjusters was a PITA, not even always solved by using OEM!

StihlThe1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I received my Hutzl 460 kit yesterday, barely had a chance to open the box and take a quick look at the parts. The cylinder certainly needs the ports cleaned up the castings in the passages are quite rough, as expected though as I’ve gotten two farmertec cylinders for the 034 before.

Unfortunately I won’t have time to assemble it any time soon, I have a much more pressing
automotive turbocharged race engine to concentrate on before I can get to it.

I don’t own a saw in a size between my 034S and the G660 I have so I jumped on this kit.
I’m happy to post photos of any parts in the kit, if anyone has questions.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The ‘kit’ I ordered was delivered Tuesday after traveling from New York incognito for five days. [emoji57]

Taking my sweet time assembling it as my favorite Stihl dealer didn’t have a boot or decomp valve on hand.

Crankcase looked excellent quality and cylinder is passing fare needed ten minutes with a Dremel.

Piston crown clearance is .034”. Ho hum.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Both 660 and 440.
I installed OEM fuel lines, filters and wrist pin bearings in both from new.
Carbs were junk, 1 cylinder out of round, 1 cylinder peeled plating, 1 piston with a casting flaw, 1 case pin walked into the clutch, 1 clutch breaking springs repeatedly, brake fitment issues, 2 leaking fuel tanks, 1 stripped bar stud, etc.
Sounds like you just got some *s-wordy ass luck to me.:risas3:

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I received my Hutzl 460 kit yesterday, barely had a chance to open the box and take a quick look at the parts. The cylinder certainly needs the ports cleaned up the castings in the passages are quite rough, as expected though as I’ve gotten two farmertec cylinders for the 034 before.

Unfortunately I won’t have time to assemble it any time soon, I have a much more pressing
automotive turbocharged race engine to concentrate on before I can get to it.

I don’t own a saw in a size between my 034S and the G660 I have so I jumped on this kit.
I’m happy to post photos of any parts in the kit, if anyone has questions.
Forget the 460...let’s see pics of this other engine...

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will be interesting to see if they fixed all the problems that were noted in the 440 kits!!!