MS 200T relacement carb from Definitive Dave best one I have seen

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
12:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got another call in for a 200T that's in bad shape. The linkage from the controls in front that go all the way back to the carb fell apart. This is a common problem caused by lousy engineering design. It doesn't stay together and is hard to fix. I have to wonder what on earth Stihl's design engineers were thinking of. Just MHO.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Just got another call in for a 200T that's in bad shape. The linkage from the controls in front that go all the way back to the carb fell apart. This is a common problem caused by lousy engineering design. It doesn't stay together and is hard to fix. I have to wonder what on earth Stihl's design engineers were thinking of. Just MHO.
Guys clean them out and never grease the wear points. Replace it all. It's junk now.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ive got a few pairs of spare linkages. Pic up wha 'cha need. Or pack it up and send it to jersey. . Me or Wolfie will fix er up. Really they are easy peasy. Wire ties help immensely.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't see it happen that much. Without seeing what your talking about exactly its hard to say what caused it. Pics? Who knows if it was impacted hard or they pulled on the carb while linkage was still attached ?

treesmith

Tree Hugger/Cutterer
Local time
3:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've seen the metal wire control rods from throttle to carb wear almost through, should be available from dealer

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$4.99 for the long rod..., same part as the 192T. Very easy to assemble the whole arrangement once you've done a couple. Problem guys have the first couple times is not paying enough attention to how it all comes apart..., which is usually fast and all over the place when they pull the handle cover off. LOL

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$4.99 for the long rod..., same part as the 192T. Very easy to assemble the whole arrangement once you've done a couple. Problem guys have the first couple times is not paying enough attention to how it all comes apart..., which is usually fast and all over the place when they pull the handle cover off. LOL
I gave him a pic already I think.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of them bend stuff too!

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't see it happen that much. Without seeing what your talking about exactly its hard to say what caused it. Pics? Who knows if it was impacted hard or they pulled on the carb while linkage was still attached ?
Turns out that the connections inside the handle and to the carb were OK. Bad description of the problem by the customer. Instead, the two front M4 bolts holding the handle to the saw body came loose and fell out. Both were missing. That disconnected the black wire also.

I replaced both bolts with slightly longer ones, and they tightened down very well. I almost used even longer bolts and added lock nuts, but elected not to. I'll let you know if these come loose, fall apart, and get lost again. Maybe I should have added thread lock adhesive. Hmmm...

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Turns out that the connections inside the handle and to the carb were OK. Bad description of the problem by the customer. Instead, the two front M4 bolts holding the handle to the saw body came loose and fell out. Both were missing. That disconnected the black wire also.

I replaced both bolts with slightly longer ones, and they tightened down very well. I almost used even longer bolts and added lock nuts, but elected not to. I'll let you know if these come loose, fall apart, and get lost again. Maybe I should have added thread lock adhesive. Hmmm...
As long as the threads are tight it wont come out. Dont worry.

treesmith

Tree Hugger/Cutterer
Local time
3:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm inclined to believe if you left a husky running on a concrete floor for long enough you'd return to just a pile of components

Huskies seem to have biodegradable screws

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Bet you were happy to see it did not involve all the linkages!

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bet you were happy to see it did not involve all the linkages!
And how. Taking that top handle apart would have been yet another nightmare. I'm also glad that the owner decided not to do that before he gave me the saw to work on. If possible, the best thing to do with a can of worms is not open the can.