MS 200T relacement carb from Definitive Dave best one I have seen

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the information, if I think it needs a bit more on the low circuit, I've got some metering springs I can use to lean out the idle after tweaking it.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The accelerator pump bypass fix is relatively easy and makes a significant difference on a saw that has a bad 'o' ring on the pump piston. Day and night. Takes about a half hour if you've never done one before (plus epoxy or JB drying time).

If you're mechanically inclined enuff to take the old carb off to replace it, you can also fix it.

http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...tor-accel-pump-block-off.238372/#post-4370693

Would also like to try one of DDave's for comparison.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good timing. Are the C1Q S258's on the 192T's basically just as problematic as the carbs on the 200T's? Have run across two in the past couple weeks exhibiting what appears to be the same accelerator pump issue. Revived one with a new kit and a couple hours in the USC without changing the pump or blocking the circuit. Second one is in the USC as I type hoping for a similar result but I don't have as much confidence in this one coming around.

I see aftermarket replacements for these for between 12 and 2o bux. New OEMs are around $52. Seems like the AM's could probably be unmarked Zamas since the actual application is limited to the 192's?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just did my 200T last night on the kitchen table.
Water in the fuel tank. I got a bad batch. Never had before. You feel this bad stuff in performance. Non accelerator pump Zama wouldn't run worth a *s-word. So Fiona the ms361 also an amazing kid, was all sputting and a spittin. Poured my fuel into a clear half-gallon juice jug and headed to the sunshine. I got the separation thing. Some nasty looking funny looking waves rolling through there. Going out now to pluck the bottle from the snow and check it out again. I suspect loads of eth and water.

Is the test the same for eth as done with non eth fuel?
If so Ill measure an amount of water tonight and add it to the fuel and see what comes back phased out or separated. This stuff is horrible.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Water in the fuel tank. I got a bad batch. Never had before. You feel this bad stuff in performance. Non accelerator pump Zama wouldn't run worth a *s-word. So Fiona the ms361 also an amazing kid, was all sputting and a spittin. Poured my fuel into a clear half-gallon juice jug and headed to the sunshine. I got the separation thing. Some nasty looking funny looking waves rolling through there. Going out now to pluck the bottle from the snow and check it out again. I suspect loads of eth and water.

If so Ill measure an amount of water tonight and add it to the fuel and see what comes back phased out or separated. This stuff is horrible.
Damn Ethanol causes more problems than anything.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you saying not to even work on one or that you haven't worked on one? Just haven't heard the same complaints about these as the C1Q's on the 200T's -- though it basically seems like the same accelerator pump arrangement and sure acts the same as a bad one on a 200T.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Are you saying not to even work on one or that you haven't worked on one? Just haven't heard the same complaints about these as the C1Q's on the 200T's -- though it basically seems like the same accelerator pump arrangement and sure acts the same as a bad one on a 200T.
Just fix it or plug it. Retest.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I am saying I just work on the 2ooT saws mostly. Does it have the plate on it you can pop out and fill with JB Weld,if so try it.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotcha. It has the piston pump arrangement actuated by the throttle shaft but not the handy passage around the back of the body with the welch plug. Would hafta pull the shaft and fill the cavity to defeat the circuit. Got seriously lucky and a couple hours in the USC seems to have done the trick. Hope the rest of my day goes as well!

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotcha. It has the piston pump arrangement actuated by the throttle shaft but not the handy passage around the back of the body with the welch plug. Would hafta pull the shaft and fill the cavity to defeat the circuit. Got seriously lucky and a couple hours in the USC seems to have done the trick. Hope the rest of my day goes as well!
:clap:

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Every time I get one of the following saws in to work on, I figure I'm either a genius or an idiot for offering to fix them:
(1) Stihl MS201T
(2) Echo 355T
(3) Stihl MS200T
(4) Stihl MS 192TC
All of these are designed to turn a repairman into either a psychotic or an alcoholic.
I can help you with the 200T's just ask.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dave sent me one of these for our 200T and never looked back. The 200T we have from @Lone Wolf impresses me every time.
We have a Husky T435 and there is simply no comparison.
Well, the MS201T does compare rather well to the 200T but you usually need another 200 clams to get one. I just serviced a 201T and yes, it is a very good top handle saw. Dang, it better be for that price. The dealer told the owner that he could drop it from 40 feet up and it would still run after it hit the ground. I told the owner not to test that theory.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, the MS201T does compare rather well to the 200T but you usually need another 200 clams to get one. I just serviced a 201T and yes, it is a very good top handle saw. Dang, it better be for that price. The dealer told the owner that he could drop it from 40 feet up and it would still run after it hit the ground. I told the owner not to test that theory.
I seen saws fall and land in the soft dirt bar first and not get hurt at all, but we all know that a fall can bust a saw up depending on the landing. That dealer is full of it!