MS 200T relacement carb from Definitive Dave best one I have seen

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Local company did a job that should of been climbed, instead they hired a towing company to come in and winch the bucket into position and at the end of the day come back to winch them back out.
Those self propelled Spider lifts are the way to go in the back yards.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
6:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Climbers or operators that pull too hard on the saw is what breaks the mounts then the boot mostly! I used to have a climber that would always pinch the saw and wiggle it out bending the hell out of the chain. Before I saw all this going on I used to wonder why the hell the chains were breaking all the time! Another climber would always drop the saw and let the chicken line catch it and the lanyard mounts were always breaking. Another climber was always bending bars. I could do this all day!
I just replaced a bar on an MS180 that a climber has been using for a year or so. The bar's nose sprocket was missing and the bearing, of course, was gone. Worse yet, the bar was shaped like a serpent, bends to the left and right, and twisted beyond belief. Frankly, I'm surprised the engine still ran. I also checked the pull cord, and it was ready to snap.

Tree climbers go through saws like stock car drivers go through cars.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just replaced a bar on an MS180 that a climber has been using for a year or so. The bar's nose sprocket was missing and the bearing, of course, was gone. Worse yet, the bar was shaped like a serpent, bends to the left and right, and twisted beyond belief. Frankly, I'm surprised the engine still ran. I also checked the pull cord, and it was ready to snap.

Tree climbers go through saws like stock car drivers go through cars.
OEM bar ?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
More times than not climb saws get bent bars they don't "wear out",so to speak .Those "pointy" things probably are carving bars and will interchange on a 200T but they aren't as robust as a normal bar .
I think they might have been standard equipment bars on older small displacement Stihl saws like 011-012 -017 .I have several of the afore mentioned,gifts so to speak that I got running but never used,shelf queens

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Keith, I have found that many times if your 200t is eating boots then it needs new av mounts. Theses little terrors are used and abused wayyyyy beyond their intended designs and they take it...up to a point. Many kill switch wires go bad for the same reason. Bad suspension. Impulse lines go bad too many times because of age but also because there is crud jammed up under the handle. So in short, check your AV bushings.
Thanks. I do replace alota AV on these also. The problem Im having on these r they r melting

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Melting? Never seen that yet?
Ya Ive had this particular boot melt on several. They are pretty flimsy and thin feeling. I didnt want to put them on but the boss had several and wanted to try them to save money but Ive already changed 3 out of the AM ones that went bad the exact same way on 3 different units

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm putting together a 200T for my next door neighbor. I've read about the carb with an accelerator pump, that bothers me. Not the fact that it has a history of failing, but the fact that the carb needs an accelerator pump.

It appears the accelerator pump is a quick fix for a lean low speed circuit. It allows good throttle response, but the low speed circuit runs lean while in the cut.

When cutting, a lean low speed circuit shows up more when the revs drop. I was wondering if there was a low speed torque difference between the accelerator pump carb and the older 020T carb without the accelerator pump. Anybody with any experience in testing the two carbs performance?

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Terry Syd no "testing" done but I have tried chinese carbs that have no accelerator pump in them and simply rely on a richened up L to compensate. personally i prefer the way they OEM accelerator pump carb runs over the non pump carb. throttle response is slightly better and i found that by richening up the L to compensate for no pump its a very fine line between so rich that it loads up at idle and proper acceleration. I only install the OEM carbs and have done that for a couple years now