Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
7:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been out a couple times and haven't found anything. Still pretty chilly here though. I'll give another try on Saturday. Supposed to be damn near freezing here overnight tonight and then ramp up the rest of the week. Hopefully we get a little moisture in there during that time.

That's the same problem here or when it does warm up the wind is howling out of the south and just drys everything out quickly.

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hard freeze last night some topsy turvy weather pattern with exceptional dryness plus high winds and farmers gettin' crazy with the chemicals. Startin' to fire up and will last just 2-3 days in the early May reminiscent of my beloved 1970's....IMG_1995.jpg IMG_1997.jpg IMG_1998.jpg IMG_1999.jpg IMG_2001.jpg

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys and you are right. The look just like little boneless crappies or shrimp. The midnight snack ones were even better I'll let you in on a little secret:
IMG_2003.jpg IMG_2004.jpg
As dry and windy as it is, these were in the loam in a high mineral creek bottom. Man they were wet and juicy. You know how they put a saltine in the sugar shaker at the small town cafe for a desiccant?? Well take half of each mushroom after you prep it and throw that sumbitch in a cheap ziploc with some bisquick and a handful of crumbed ritz crackers I prefer the cheap kind from Aldi. About a half roll of them and they draw out the moisture/coat the morel for a couple hours before you fry. Then they come out like little mushroom shrimpskis as in the picture illuminated by the screen on this awesome site.

BTW my wife found 9/10 of these while I was checking out her ass and telling her where to walk.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys and you are right. The look just like little boneless crappies or shrimp. The midnight snack ones were even better I'll let you in on a little secret:
View attachment 122835 View attachment 122836
As dry and windy as it is, these were in the loam in a high mineral creek bottom. Man they were wet and juicy. You know how they put a saltine in the sugar shaker at the small town cafe for a desiccant?? Well take half of each mushroom after you prep it and throw that sumbitch in a cheap ziploc with some bisquick and a handful of crumbed ritz crackers I prefer the cheap kind from Aldi. About a half roll of them and they draw out the moisture/coat the morel for a couple hours before you fry. Then they come out like little mushroom shrimpskis as in the picture illuminated by the screen on this awesome site.

BTW my wife found 9/10 of these while I was checking out her ass and telling her where to walk.
I’m in middle Delaware. I’ve never picked any shrioms cept when I was way younger. But well. Never mind. I’d love to give these things a whirl I might would buy a few if they’re shippable n stuff Blood lookin eats again there ape

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put my shrooms in a paper brown bag to keep em fresh. Ya know the store bought Browns. Portabellas. Not sure if that works with these guys. Maybe

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hard freeze last night some topsy turvy weather pattern with exceptional dryness plus high winds and farmers gettin' crazy with the chemicals. Startin' to fire up and will last just 2-3 days in the early May reminiscent of my beloved 1970's....View attachment 122805 View attachment 122806 View attachment 122807 View attachment 122808 View attachment 122809
Just starting here. We've had an absolute perfect weather pattern so far. Cool and really wet. Got lots of moisture in the ground rite now and were supposed to have 70s during the day 50s at night. I found a boat load already just to small to pick.
7c43a6511cc2b37b05bca619182da033.jpg
71662e7d7758157029fec7d492762847.jpg
bb430d75da3cd036fd197dbb4407b8b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice land shrimp Coltont. Man you are in a fine area. I realize your habitat is ideal but those are some of the highest quality morels available. As big as the cultivated mushroom business is in Pennsylvania, I wonder if over the years some of the ethnic types who have that in their culture from the old country have had a hand in making those stands so vigorous.

mushroom1.jpg

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's great habitat here for morels chicken mushrooms hen of the woods shaggy mane and chantel. Morels are what I spend the most time hunting. Seems you get about 4 years out of a spot then the spores are done and you gotta move on.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's great habitat here for morels chicken mushrooms hen of the woods shaggy mane and chantel. Morels are what I spend the most time hunting. Seems you get about 4 years out of a spot then the spores are done and you gotta move on.

Yeah I noticed the same, less morels every year at my place. Still some here and there.