more jms

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't have anything to say but an observation .I have no idea who this is but he reminds me of a boastful on line personality who I know has been removed from at least 5 web forums and supposedly hailed from California .He posted rather outlandish methods of carving up a cylinder and boasted about cutting the cylinder base with a router . Well could be a second cousin twice removed for all I know which isn't much .

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He must be leaving debris in the case or something.

A rubber or scored piston isn't the exception with JMS, it's the rule.

I remember him telling me its just impossible to get everything out of a case after porting.

I guess a good flush with mineral spirits and sequential pulling of the seals to flush the debris out is in order. Personally, I think all the saws will need a case split, full wash, and new bearings and seals to be 100%. That's all I'd put my name on if I was redoing one.

I would agree with replacing the bearings and seals, I would be worried about the connecting rod bearing that can not be replaced. A new crankshaft isn't out of the question, especially in an "extreme" Hi RPM application. Once that stuff goes round and round in a bearing the damage is done, there's just whats left. Aluminum would be bad enough but the chrome plating chips...you're down to a parts saw, or needing one as everything that moves is junk. Reworking these saws isn't going to be for the faint of heart for sure, going to be parts heavy.

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They also told me that he received a stern talking-to. I'm sure that'll fix him right up.
I apologize for not being prompt enough in resolving an issue for you. I know how easy it is just to pull the trigger before all the facts come out in a situation.

If you were running the show and in my shoes, what would you do when an argument pours out of one forum and into another forum? Mind you, having no prior knowledge of what either party involved, is arguing about in the first place? Trust me when I say that we are dealing with the situation. It's not a "one man operation", where one person decides the fate of anyone. All issues are looked at carefully and voted on.

JMS has no privelege of selling anything on our site, nor is he allowed to advertise. Any posts that are found in regards to him selling an item should be reported to me or one of the other mods and we'll immediately deal with it.

The being said, him still being there has weeded out a few more questionable members. But I'll also say this.......when the only posts a person makes on the site is to slam or slander another member (no matter what the situation), they're going to get warned. That's just how it is.

Many of you guys know me personally, I like to consider myself a fair person. I'm also honest, and I try to look things over thoroughly before making a decision. Myself and the other mods/admins on FHC volunteer a chit-ton of time (not for profit) to try and keep that site clean, fair and enjoyable for all members. We have men and women, young and old, some have never picked up a chainsaw in their life, that enjoy the woodburning lifestyle....it's not just about chainsaws there. So when these fights pour from one forum to another, that ain't fair to those members.

Does that make sense? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, just trying to keep everyone content. We're dealing with JMS on our terms, as well as several others.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
JMS has no privelege of selling anything on our site, nor is he allowed to advertise. Any posts that are found in regards to him selling an item should be reported to me or one of the other mods and we'll immediately deal with it.

He wasn't allowed to sell or advertise on AS either Scotty........but he still managed to screw quite a few folks over.

Personally.......having one of his saws apart on my bench, knowing one of our members paid him 1500.00 hard earned dollars for it.........well, I'm sorta upset with him.

I'm sure you guys are taking all this into consideration, but from where I'm sitting, allowing him to use your PM system........well, that seems like just giving him a avenue to put it to yet another person.

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And I'll also say this,and those that I have personally met already know this...

I have a brotherly love for you guys. I live the chainsaw lifestyle almost every single day. Climbing and taking down trees, busting my azz for the dollars I make. And to see someone getting boned on a chainsaw build irks me deeply, because I know this stuff ain't cheap. So I'm not taking any of this stuff lightly.....

So just know that we aren't brushing it aside. We're dealing with it.

20170813_091634-1.jpg

BrokenSVT

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I apologize for not being prompt enough in resolving an issue for you. I know how easy it is just to pull the trigger before all the facts come out in a situation.

If you were running the show and in my shoes, what would you do when an argument pours out of one forum and into another forum? Mind you, having no prior knowledge of what either party involved, is arguing about in the first place? Trust me when I say that we are dealing with the situation. It's not a "one man operation", where one person decides the fate of anyone. All issues are looked at carefully and voted on.

The being said, him still being there has weeded out a few more questionable members. But I'll also say this.......when the only posts a person makes on the site is to slam or slander another member (no matter what the situation), they're going to get warned. That's just how it is.

Many of you guys know me personally, I like to consider myself a fair person. I'm also honest, and I try to look things over thoroughly before making a decision. Myself and the other mods/admins on FHC volunteer a chit-ton of time (not for profit) to try and keep that site clean, fair and enjoyable for all members. We have men and women, young and old, some have never picked up a chainsaw in their life, that enjoy the woodburning lifestyle....it's not just about chainsaws there. So when these fights pour from one forum to another, that ain't fair to those members.

Does that make sense? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, just trying to keep everyone content. We're dealing with JMS on our terms, as well as several others.

And while I agree with with your post in[almost] entirety, I have to point out the obvious:

There's right, there's wrong, and then there's what makes sense.

This person doesn't do business in the public eye. Your banning him from selling solves nothing. He'll still operate via PMs...which is his preference.

Good-meaning folks are trying to save your site from the deluge which has now unfolded on multiple other sites. He tends to leave quite a mess in his wake.

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He wasn't allowed to sell or advertise on AS either Scotty........but he still managed to screw quite a few folks over.

Personally.......having one of his saws apart on my bench, knowing one of our members paid him 1500.00 hard earned dollars for it.........well, I'm sorta upset with him.

I'm sure you guys are taking all this into consideration, but from where I'm sitting, allowing him to use your PM system........well, that seems like just giving him a avenue to put it to yet another person.
I get what you're saying. I may have an option to consider there as well......

breese

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I for one (being a newbie on this site) am very glad to see the open communication between these 2 sites and a real open dialog.

This could have been blown way out of proportion but instead it once again shows what can happen when Real Good People work with each other.

Thank you all.........

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I for one (being a newbie on this site) am very glad to see the open communication between these 2 sites and a real open dialog.

This could have been blown way out of proportion but instead it once again shows what can happen when Real Good People work with each other.

Thank you all.........

We have a good relationship with ArboristSite as well. These forums share a lot of members, so being able to work together helps the members.

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have a good relationship with ArboristSite as well. These forums share a lot of members, so being able to work together helps the members.

Thank you all.........

It's fantastic to have open lanes like this.

The way I see it, these sites HELP people. That'show it starts and initially what it's all about. Then the friendships form, and take it to a whole new level. We have a couple fantastic forums with some fantastic members, so much so that the GTG's are like family reunions......lmao.....

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's fantastic to have open lanes like this.

The way I see it, these sites HELP people. That'show it starts and initially what it's all about. Then the friendships form, and take it to a whole new level. We have a couple fantastic forums with some fantastic members, so much so that the GTG's are like family reunions......lmao.....
Hey Scott I met you at the PA gtg. Good seeing you here

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The picture of the upper cylinder shows tool chatter from a not rigid enough boring bar .I've seen worse.
If you're going to use a skinny bar you have to make light cuts .
that was a jmssaws cylinder and it will be destroyed at Randy's gtg after others can see what kind of *s-word he did he is completely incompetent as a porter to deceive people of their money and if anyone thinks he is qualified pm me