Erik Markussen

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi,

I have question about hot saws, not the high end modified saws, but the ported and modified saws used for competition. I would like to buy a used competition saw for my small saw collection, would it possible to find in this forum? I am mostly a STIHL fan, but will be open to anything offered for sale.

I have STIHL 024 slightly modified, a STIHL 041, a STIHL MS280 and a Partner R12

Erik / Denmark

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
6:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome Erik, Can't believe nobody has responded to your ad yet. Maybe try putting a post up in the modded hot saw forum and see if that gets any attention.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hi,

I have question about hot saws, not the high end modified saws, but the ported and modified saws used for competition. I would like to buy a used competition saw for my small saw collection, would it possible to find in this forum? I am mostly a STIHL fan, but will be open to anything offered for sale.

I have STIHL 024 slightly modified, a STIHL 041, a STIHL MS280 and a Partner R12

Erik / Denmark
Please be more in depth. What type of wood size are you looking to cookie cut? CC or cubic inch class helps us know where your coin is at. Big saws mean big money. Even a pro 026 racer with many external mods can get pricey quick.

Erik Markussen

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry for not being more specific. The saw size I am looking for will be around 50 cc to 60 cc, could be something like the 026. I am mostly cutting cookies from 10-12 " hardwood logs and only for my own enjoyment. Timbersport competitions here in Denmark are not very common, only a few events a year.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
10:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome Erik, I’m sure you get some enjoyment just being here... as for saws, I think you will get something...:zpong:

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most successful competition saws will never be publicly for sale, they involve too much work and money to build and are temperamental to keep running well so it goes beyond just buying a saw to run at a gtg and have fun with. In general a competitive saw will be 3.5-5.5 times as much as a similar new saw and be much less reliable.
If a saw of this type does become available for sale it is either a guy getting out of the sport or with a few saws to sell that aren't competitive anymore.
I am betting it would be easier to have a race saw built for you in Sweden than buying something from abroad and having it shipped in :)

Dave

Erik Markussen

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dave summed it up pretty good.
If you are just cutting for your own amusement or to impress your buddies, I’d look into a good woods port.

I think that you and Dave have pointed me in the right direction......a good woods ported saw in the 50 - 60 cc range will be what I am looking for.
Don't worry about shipping overseas, I have a forwarding address in Pennsylvania at ShopUSA, and it is not that expensive, so the seller will only have to ship in USA.