Modding a 357

Tractorsaw1

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Watching this 1 progress. I picked up a 2159 that's a budget build. I'm thinking some bearings, seals, an on the shelf 6400 piston & this should stack up some firewood. I was impressed by the 353 type cylinder without a gasket, lets try a 359!

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
1:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I Fired it up tonight still need to dial it in let it sit and idle for about 15min.Liking the way it sounds. Got a compression reading of 170.
Started getting dark on me but so far so good.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
1:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today couldn't keep it running night and day from yesterday.Took the muffler off piston scratched.:loco:I had to keep dicking with it.Air leak I tore it down.Getting experience can be costly should just stick to what I do best and let the guys that do this day in and day out do it up.But what fun would that be.Saw might have been too cold when I worked on it don't think let hondabond cure long enough before started it:nusenuse:.I stripped a screw in carb boot:redface:Had another Oem piston and ring got from spike put that on.Just got done polishing puttin jug piston in it this time on dinning room table so its warm.Thought had the shop warm enough.Once I get done effin this one up probaly send whats left to someone that knows what the *f-word there doin.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
6:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag