SELLING Minty stihl 064w PHO 900USD shipped obo

Trader history (0)

Vancouver timber

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
20200224_145513.jpg 20200224_145249.jpg 20200224_145208.jpg 20200224_143053.jpg 20200224_145204.jpg
Saw has a brand new OEM stihl piston installed the cylinder is used but it didnt even have aluminum transfer on it so just very light brake cylinder honing was done and checked the culinder bore to make sure it was true. New top end bearing new set of seals base gasket delete like I do to all my saws I have the top ends off. New crank case gasket new muffler heat shield tape. New plug new air filter and pre filter nos af cover , rebuilt the carb cleaned the hell out of It and I'm sure I'm missing lots will update as it comes to me but the saw oils as it should starts funs and idles as it should as well as had a healthy bottom end, very responsive. This saw is both quite attractive and performed like a champ Its a stihl 064 w what more need I say?

Frankavich84

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There wasn’t a 064w, additionally most don’t favor the deletion of the base gasket as much as actually cutting the cylinder down to be able to still run the base gasket with optimal squish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vancouver timber

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I wasnt saying it came from stihl as a full wrap this saw wasnt mine originally I was stating it is an 064 with a wrap setup. Around here most of these saws I see have a full wrap setup on them I assumed that was more desirable everywhere but maybe where I'm located and your located that's not the same scenario. If somebody does like the flushcut I will have another 064 done by probably tomorrow and it's a flushcut with the hd filter kit and its going to be way prettier looking.

Vancouver timber

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Its a pretty broad term 'mint' isn't it? Not exactly even sure what it means. Is this the minty bit....View attachment 227024
Fair enough however I never really went to town cleaning the bottom up like the rest of it because my messy bench just keeps getting it dirty but I will before sale appreciate the feedback be it negative or not maybe the title shouldve said "above average 064 wrap" but it just doesn't sound like something I'd want to click on myself lol. these are getting hard to find in condition like this without needing a pile of work/$ this one is good to go as is. Like I said its obo guys and I also stated this is the not as pretty 064 i have an absolutely gorgeous one comming up asap.

Vancouver timber

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What was the squish without the gasket?
My partner did this one (also a certified stihl master tech) I'm going to see him later on today and I'll get back to you on that. By the one person's comment above if i can I might be making a gasket for this even though I've been doing it for years with ditko and never had any premature failures if people are leery of it then I'd rarher just remedy the problem and put in either a pop can gasket or appropriate piece of paper to get it .18-.2 regardless I'll post that info asap if I forget to ask when I see him I'll just check it myself but Its cold outside in the shop right now been being a house cat inside as much as possible lol

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
8:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not worried on it staying sealed just wanted to know if it was measured and at least 20 thousandths. I do the base delete also at times just wanted to know squish. I’ve used dirko and permatex motoseal without issues

Spladle160

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess mint is short for mint condition as in an un circulated coin with no imperfections. I don't know why matters as long as there are plenty of good pics to judge condition by.

rjames

The clean beaver gets the wood
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"installed the cylinder is used but it didnt even have aluminum transfer on it so just very light brake cylinder honing was done and checked the culinder bore to make sure it was true. New top end bearing new set of seals base gasket delete like I do to all my saws I have the top ends off. New crank case gasket new muffler heat shield tape. New plug new air filter and pre filter nos af cover , rebuilt the carb cleaned the hell out of It"

So, you wrote all of the above, then a couple posts later you say "My partner did this one"? Hmmmm.

Yes, that will definitely make people a little leery. Your words have a "used car salesman" kinda ring to them.

Have you sold anyone on this forum a saw? Can anyone vouch for you?

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My partner did this one (also a certified stihl master tech) I'm going to see him later on today and I'll get back to you on that. By the one person's comment above if i can I might be making a gasket for this even though I've been doing it for years with ditko and never had any premature failures if people are leery of it then I'd rarher just remedy the problem and put in either a pop can gasket or appropriate piece of paper to get it .18-.2 regardless I'll post that info asap if I forget to ask when I see him I'll just check it myself but Its cold outside in the shop right now been being a house cat inside as much as possible lol
I also hope that this saw would have already been checked for squish because if you need a pop can or paper gasket to get 18-20 thousandths it’s to tight right now. 20 seems to be the number all the saw builders shoot for at minimum. Actually larger saws a lot seem to be ok with 25 thousandths

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any squish measurements? Kinda assume you found out it was too tight and are fixing it now. Or you knew what it was and that’s why no answer. Hard to sell someone a base delete saw without the squish measurements unless your just dropping the gasket and what happens happens. Which I’m my opinion is wrong on several levels, selling a saw here you need to be prepared to answer questions and stand behind stuff. My thoughts are you know it’s tight and don’t care just hope it runs long enough for nobody to care or if it did grenade just pretend it’s buyers fault. I’m all for selling and buying saws but asking a premium for a “mint” saw and no answers to questions is fishy. I sold one as nice for 450$ which may be to cheap but 900 is on the high end for this. There’s a mmws short case 066 for sale in same price range and it’s a ported saw.

Vancouver timber

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I haven't even looked at it yet. In all honesty I kinda forgot after another site's member was inquiring on the compression test readout so I went and bought a gear wrench tester and lost the adapter from the package upon opening it so I was more trying to deal with that at the moment as he was quite interested but between a new blue nose pitbull puppy a leaky sink and a truck that needs the driveshaft put back in I've been struggling to accomplish any of these tasks. If it needs the squish fixed I will do so but again my partner who did the short block on the 064 is a certified tech and knows about the squish ect so I'm confident it is done correctly but I will post those numbers hopefully later on today I am extremely busy with life as I'm sure many of you can understand spring time here everything's thawing and my list of tasks is massive . The thing I dont understand is Why would I be dishonest if I sold the saw on here somebody would find out by checking and it would ruin any future credibility selling a saw that grenade right away... I have a shop full of power saws I intend on selling so to screw somebody over on one when I have a list of many in mine to at some point list on here is silly. Maybe you've been burned before but in this instance you just jumped the gun and assumed the worst case scenario that I have no clue what I'm doing and I'm trying to cover that up by stalling but life gets in the way. And 900 is a starting place *s-word somebody can offer 600 if they want and I can say yah or nay it's the name of the game boys if it's not brand new and stihl isn't setting the price then you can bargain barter whatever maybe I say yes maybe I say no lol.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't even looked at it yet. In all honesty I kinda forgot after another site's member was inquiring on the compression test readout so I went and bought a gear wrench tester and lost the adapter from the package upon opening it so I was more trying to deal with that at the moment as he was quite interested but between a new blue nose pitbull puppy a leaky sink and a truck that needs the driveshaft put back in I've been struggling to accomplish any of these tasks. If it needs the squish fixed I will do so but again my partner who did the short block on the 064 is a certified tech and knows about the squish ect so I'm confident it is done correctly but I will post those numbers hopefully later on today I am extremely busy with life as I'm sure many of you can understand spring time here everything's thawing and my list of tasks is massive . The thing I dont understand is Why would I be dishonest if I sold the saw on here somebody would find out by checking and it would ruin any future credibility selling a saw that grenade right away... I have a shop full of power saws I intend on selling so to screw somebody over on one when I have a list of many in mine to at some point list on here is silly. Maybe you've been burned before but in this instance you just jumped the gun and assumed the worst case scenario that I have no clue what I'm doing and I'm trying to cover that up by stalling but life gets in the way. And 900 is a starting place *s-word somebody can offer 600 if they want and I can say yah or nay it's the name of the game boys if it's not brand new and stihl isn't setting the price then you can bargain barter whatever maybe I say yes maybe I say no lol.
Maybe I jumped the gun a bit, but with jesse getting hosed on a saw and some other shady people trying to sell here. Some people with the all oem saws that after you start asking questions are about 3/4 oem with bad crank threads. Another saw that someone went through all the trouble to strip the saw to the crank but didn’t put new bearings in because they felt good. That saw was like 900$ asking price too not sure but may have been one you were selling even. Got into a disagreement with another member when he asked why you’d go through the trouble of pulling the saw apart if you didn’t do bearings. If the saw has a 900$ asking price it shouldn’t have bearings from 25 years ago in it still. Then this saw that you have for sale that has a base delete but when asked you come clean and say you didn’t build it you buddy did. Some things just seem a bit off is all. Good luck with the sale and if you list more saws for sale on here post the squish ect so people know.

Frankavich84

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was the one that called out the using old bearings saw. I’m pretty sure this is the same seller and same saw.

Frankavich84

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also not to poke the bear... but calling out that you are a certified Stihl tech doesn’t gain you much credibility here...

Vancouver timber

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Maybe I jumped the gun a bit, but with jesse getting hosed on a saw and some other shady people trying to sell here. Some people with the all oem saws that after you start asking questions are about 3/4 oem with bad crank threads. Another saw that someone went through all the trouble to strip the saw to the crank but didn’t put new bearings in because they felt good. That saw was like 900$ asking price too not sure but may have been one you were selling even. Got into a disagreement with another member when he asked why you’d go through the trouble of pulling the saw apart if you didn’t do bearings. If the saw has a 900$ asking price it shouldn’t have bearings from 25 years ago in it still. Then this saw that you have for sale that has a base delete but when asked you come clean and say you didn’t build it you buddy did. Some things just seem a bit off is all. Good luck with the sale and if you list more saws for sale on here post the squish ect so people know.
This saw was a disassembled by my employee at the dealership while I still ran the shop. I no longer work there but asked the guy who worked for me to assemble the short block. He did the sb and I assembled the rest. I really wanted to finish a different project when I got home but I will check that out when we talked originally I told him .18-.20 he said it was dome so I'm pretty certain itll be in those parameters . So again 900 was merely a starting point guys I wasnt expecting to get that much.. anyone buying something wants a deal so I put the price high buyer goes low meet somewhere in the middle. So just to clarify things here everyone is more comfortable with running a gasket and milling down the jug till desired squish on these? Cause I can make that happen either way if it makes the potential buyer feel easier about this I've never had an issue with no bg and ditko but obviously some have so lemme know please

rjames

The clean beaver gets the wood
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This saw was a disassembled by my employee at the dealership while I still ran the shop. I no longer work there but asked the guy who worked for me to assemble the short block. He did the sb and I assembled the rest. I really wanted to finish a different project when I got home but I will check that out when we talked originally I told him .18-.20 he said it was dome so I'm pretty certain itll be in those parameters . So again 900 was merely a starting point guys I wasnt expecting to get that much.. anyone buying something wants a deal so I put the price high buyer goes low meet somewhere in the middle. So just to clarify things here everyone is more comfortable with running a gasket and milling down the jug till desired squish on these? Cause I can make that happen either way if it makes the potential buyer feel easier about this I've never had an issue with no bg and ditko but obviously some have so lemme know please

What's the name of the dealership that you ran? Stihl dealer?

Lemme get this straight: first you built the saw, then your partner built the saw, now your employee built the saw?

You ever heard of Walt? He has a lot of stories too.