Trader history (0)

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I want one to, but its hard enough to find one in the c model let alone a cm ;).
Good luck with your search Steven.

@Edwad 361c

If your looking for a 261cm that ship sailed last week. Wasn't impressed :(.
20170321_211126.jpg

Last edited:

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:eek:Good lord, I don't know why CM is there. :bash:

I am looking for a mint, nos, or super clean Stihl 361

10/80

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a stock 361 that I purchased new, has had three tanks of fuel through it, does that sound like what you're looking for?

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got one i might sell its very clean has bigger carb has base gasket delete cylinder has been ported and polished.its very clean saw

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brian's is probably cleaner than that one if I had to guess.
But I'd also guess Steven's view of a clean saw is much cleaner than either one of them, or I would have offered him one I have.
The reality is he asked for a mint or NOS which to me means it would be like new if used at all and it would have maybe a little shelf rash.
If it looked like the 346, he would be on it ;).

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Brian's is probably cleaner than that one if I had to guess.
But I'd also guess Steven's view of a clean saw is much cleaner than either one of them, or I would have offered him one I have.
The reality is he asked for a mint or NOS which to me means it would be like new if used at all and it would have maybe a little shelf rash.
If it looked like the 346, he would be on it ;).
Mine is super clean its dirty in that pic i just got done noodeling with it i will clean it up and send some better pics

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Plus its been ported and polished with base gasket delete and bigger carb all done by laslab john she will cut.look how clean the bottom is

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Plus its been ported and polished with base gasket delete and bigger carb all done by laslab john she will cut.look how clean the bottom is
Don't get me wrong buddy, not saying it's not a nice saw, but your talking about a different opinion of what a clean saw is. I thought you already new my opinion of what a clean saw is.
Look through the ads of saws that Steven has posted for sale, then compare yours to that.
He also never asked for a ported saw, he has a pretty good relationship with a porter and I'm sure they would work something out if they haven't already.
I'm not knocking Johns work, I think you know we're friends, once again just a matter of personal preference.
Mine is super clean its dirty in that pic i just got done noodeling with it i will clean it up and send some better pics
You can spray it off with an air hose, even shine it up, but it won't change what it is, a nice saw, with a good number of hours.
I like mine, but don't think of it as anything special, just another great running 361.
Here two nice saws, which one would you rather have. I'm guessing the one you would want is what Steven is after. Personally I'd rather have the other one as I had less money into it and the only reason I want them to look super nice is for resale(I know it's shocking lol).
I want to be clear that these are my opinions and not necessarily those of the OP. They are however based on what I've seen him own and on the initial post as well as the title.
20161207_145129.jpg

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong buddy, not saying it's not a nice saw, but your talking about a different opinion of what a clean saw is. I thought you already new my opinion of what a clean saw is.
Look through the ads of saws that Steven has posted for sale, then compare yours to that.
He also never asked for a ported saw, he has a pretty good relationship with a porter and I'm sure they would work something out if they haven't already.
I'm not knocking Johns work, I think you know we're friends, once again just a matter of personal preference.

You can spray it off with an air hose, even shine it up, but it won't change what it is, a nice saw, with a good number of hours.
I like mine, but don't think of it as anything special, just another great running 361.
Here two nice saws, which one would you rather have. I'm guessing the one you would want is what Steven is after. Personally I'd rather have the other one as I had less money into it and the only reason I want them to look super nice is for resale(I know it's shocking lol).
I want to be clear that these are my opinions and not necessarily those of the OP. They are however based on what I've seen him own and on the initial post as well as the title.
View attachment 73914
Mine is as clean as that brett fyi.i didnt know i was gonna get a story critiqueing mine.as far as mine goes i was stating i might let it go and what it was and what was done is merely all i was saying.furthermore how do you know how many hours are on my saw actually there is not alot of hours on my saw.nor was there when i aquired it.but thanx anyway

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gentlemen, Thank You for keeping this thread bumped. I really appreciate it. Lets nip the controversy in the butt though- no need for it on my behalf. Yes I would want Nos or Mint, preferably a virgin since Randy has ported over 50 saws for me over the years, and that's where Im comfortable. I was contacted a while back by a member that could facilitate me acquiring a NOS 361 that his dealer had. I had every intention of picking that saw up. However "time and unforeseen occurrence befalls us all". I put a hold on the purchase bc I was putting 2 trucks in the shop at the same time- one, my work truck, and the other a "spare/play". My work truck repair cost me $2400 in addition to a week's lost pay- if those wheels aren't turning, I aint making. The other truck, I had purchased in fall of 2013 from a small "used truck lot'' that dealt primarily in diesels. A month after I bought the truck, they went out of business- and my truck was in a diesel shop getting worked on, they had seen several trucks that had been bought from the same Dealer near and around the time I bought mine. I fixed a couple issues, and then I made a list of remaining issues, and parked the truck in my back yard. I paid the $21k note off in a year, planning to then devote money to my list. Couple years pass, and my wife is hounding me about selling it. Im not the guy that will sell another man problems, my name and integrity mean to much to me, so I have set on it until I could get it repaired. I had no idea how much each issue was going to cost. I planned on doing 1 at a time, but decided to just get it over with. When I spoke to my service advisor at the dealership last, he was getting authorization for $5000 repair bill before taxes. I gave him the go ahead, explaining to Kari that whether I sell it or keep it as a spare, it has to be fixed.

Point Im getting at, Im getting a whole heaping of "I told you so's, and you should have listened to me", etc. While I am the sole provider, I don't rule with an iron fist.. and do whatever I want, that's a recipe for failure, and Im in it for the long haul. That said, the 361 dream is on hold. I would not dare ask or run it by her since I am already in a "bed of coals" over this truck. On my end, I am warming up to the idea of selling a couple mint MMWS ported saws to soften the blow on this repair bill.

Cracker Boy- I am sure that your saw is very nice, and Brett is right, I committed to Randy years ago back in 2010, and Im not someone who goes back on their word. "My yes means yes and my no, no." If I could buy, Id be looking for Mint/stock or NOS and it would be going to Cottle Lane.

Thanks fellas,
Steven