Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
9:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haha how are you Kevin
I'm good. Was using some of these tools this week and enjoying the thread. The 1/2" Milwaukee impact is pretty sweet. Snaps off a 1/2" bolt after about 4 seconds.
I have mostly Ridgid stuff, but the Milwaukee is nice too.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm good. Was using some of these tools this week and enjoying the thread. The 1/2" Milwaukee impact is pretty sweet. Snaps off a 1/2" bolt after about 4 seconds.
I have mostly Ridgid stuff, but the Milwaukee is nice too.
We use them at work all day everyday. Just about every cordless tool they make.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
For the record milwakee tools has not been made in america or american owned since 2004.yes you are part right about dewalt being porter cable and black and decker and stanley as well to be exact but american owned and operated might i add And black and decker was junk back in the day that i will admit but dewalt came after both and made it what it is today and it is american owned and operated and there tools are made right here in The usa. That milwakee cant say.they are a sell out to the chinese.so you can call me dewalt boy all you want i will take that as a compliment thank you and goodnight boyz sleep tight

junkman

Crush it
Local time
6:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have several brands of power tools ,lot of good ones to choose from these days,comes down to personal preference just like saws and dirt bikes or trucks even .but on the cordless stuff it is nice to have one brand so do not have different chargers and batterys.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will say this bout dewalt. They had some damn good 18 volt stuff. The new 20 isn't as good. Haven't used brand new Milwaukee but even the older stuff couldn't hang in brutal environment. Chicken house would ruin them. At the moment I'm grabbing up the last of the 18s. I'm not stroking cock either but my line of work is different than you fellas. For me personally in a harsh damp corrosive environment Milwaukee didn't do much good for me less it has a cord hooked to it.

X 66 stang347 X

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just ordered a m12 fuel hackzall for work. Came with the tool one 4.0 battery charger and a nice carrying bag. They also had a special where you could pick a free tool or battery and I chose the battery

You'll like the 4.0 battery. That's what I use in my 1/4 impact. I use it every day and It mostly runs a T-27 and a 8mm. Using it as we speak on a BR600

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been using the new fuel stuff for about a month now ,it has gotten soaked in the rain and still works ,the size of the guns are a little smaller then the last ones i had ,and they seem to have more power ,the 3/8 gun will shear a 5/16 bolt if its rusted together ,i should have gotten the larger drill for hole saws ,was running a 2.5 inch hole saw in the drill and i had to be light handed or it would bog down ,reg drill bits it is fine though ,and very lightweight ,the led light is bright ,but no streamlight type of flashlight ,i started with the v18 series of power tools years ago ,the drill and the flashlight are still going ,with 2 of the 6 batteries i had for them ,4 are dead and wont charge up i am going to retire them due to age ,but they still work ,the 1/4 drive for the screwdriver/torx bits does not heat up like the brush model i have after a lot of load ,when raining you could see the water steaming off of it after continued use of 3 inch deck screws .

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been using the new fuel stuff for about a month now ,it has gotten soaked in the rain and still works ,the size of the guns are a little smaller then the last ones i had ,and they seem to have more power ,the 3/8 gun will shear a 5/16 bolt if its rusted together ,i should have gotten the larger drill for hole saws ,was running a 2.5 inch hole saw in the drill and i had to be light handed or it would bog down ,reg drill bits it is fine though ,and very lightweight ,the led light is bright ,but no streamlight type of flashlight ,i started with the v18 series of power tools years ago ,the drill and the flashlight are still going ,with 2 of the 6 batteries i had for them ,4 are dead and wont charge up i am going to retire them due to age ,but they still work ,the 1/4 drive for the screwdriver/torx bits does not heat up like the brush model i have after a lot of load ,when raining you could see the water steaming off of it after continued use of 3 inch deck screws .
There has to be a happy medium between running 2 or 3" screws, or say, running a 3" hole saw. The bigger drill with the hammer option is probably more powerful and would run a hole saw better, but then it's overkill for the smaller stuff. A hole hog will run a hole saw all day, but when it grabs and twists your wrist into a pretzel that's no fun either

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There has to be a happy medium between running 2 or 3" screws, or say, running a 3" hole saw. The bigger drill with the hammer option is probably more powerful and would run a hole saw better, but then it's overkill for the smaller stuff. A hole hog will run a hole saw all day, but when it grabs and twists your wrist into a pretzel that's no fun either
I have corded drills for the hole saw ,and the 90 degree hole hog for studs ,that thing does a good job .

Husky187

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know this is the 18V Milwaukee thread but has anyone tried the 28V set. My buddies father has it and I have used it before. They are quite heavy, but the batteries go forever which is especially useful when you wanna build tree stands into some tough oak a few miles into the woods. The tools seem incredibly well built, just wondering if anyone here had any long-term experience running them. I did construction with a guy who swore by all the 18V brush less stuff. Said he wouldn't use anything else.