High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Miller mod saws

RP81

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to make the drive to ravenwood mo and go visit Carl @ Miller mod saws. Hopefully this is in the right spot but just wanted to say what a awesome man Carl is! I’ve texted and talked to Carl over the phone for sometime now, but still he didn’t know me from Adam, but when I got to his place he treated me like we grew up together,lol!!! I brought some saws up for his opinion along with some I was having trouble with. The man stopped what he was doing and jumped in on my stuff! He was able to help out tremendously! I even got to run a Randy Evans ported 460...now I’m Husqvarna man mind you but that is definitely a saw that will make you smile! Don’t want to ramble too long just wanted to come on here and share my experience, thanks again Carl, you da man!!!

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I finally got a chance to make the drive to ravenwood mo and go visit Carl @ Miller mod saws. Hopefully this is in the right spot but just wanted to say what a awesome man Carl is! I’ve texted and talked to Carl over the phone for sometime now, but still he didn’t know me from Adam, but when I got to his place he treated me like we grew up together,lol!!! I brought some saws up for his opinion along with some I was having trouble with. The man stopped what he was doing and jumped in on my stuff! He was able to help out tremendously! I even got to run a Randy Evans ported 460...now I’m Husqvarna man mind you but that is definitely a saw that will make you smile! Don’t want to ramble too long just wanted to come on here and share my experience, thanks again Carl, you da man!!!
Thank you. And it’s nice that I have an Ope name to go with your face. Lol.

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got a game for this thread. @RP81 brought a 661C that was rebuilt by a dealership. I believe they said they had it for 6 months. Saw wasn’t quite running right. But they’ve ran it for 6 months. Correct me if I’m wrong Ryan.

Any way symptoms are. It was always rich. Wouldn’t cleanup up. Just like you had it set way to rich. Any guesses what the issue was?
I’m gonna imply the KISS theory.
Keep it simple stupid. Lol.

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’ve got a game for this thread. @RP81 brought a 661C that was rebuilt by a dealership. I believe they said they had it for 6 months. Saw wasn’t quite running right. But they’ve ran it for 6 months. Correct me if I’m wrong Ryan.

Any way symptoms are. It was always rich. Wouldn’t cleanup up. Just like you had it set way to rich. Any guesses what the issue was?
I’m gonna imply the KISS theory.
Keep it simple stupid. Lol.
Clogged filter, is about as stupid as I've ever done b4..

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Clogged filter, is about as stupid as I've ever done b4..
It was not lack of maintenance on there end.

I’m quizzing this so people look as a saw as a whole. Not automatically assume the m-tronic is bad.

Hint; the m-tropic actually probably saved this saw.

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It was not lack of maintenance on there end.

I’m quizzing this so people look as a saw as a whole. Not automatically assume the m-tronic is bad.

Hint; the m-tropic actually probably saved this saw.
Well then I'm out, computers confuse me...

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It sounds like the computer was compensating for an air leak? I had a friend's 562 do that. He rebuilt it himself but had bunged up the base gasket during installation.
Ahhh. Your on to something here. Lol

Air leak indeed it was!!!

Now guess what the dealer did. Not as complicated as a base gasket. But definitely something they didn’t do. :)

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It sounds like the computer was compensating for an air leak? I had a friend's 562 do that. He rebuilt it himself but had bunged up the base gasket during installation.
I'm gonna stand over here by Jacob, it makes me appear smart enough to be talking to him or could possibly rub off on me...

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That’s the point of this. Was not a computer problem at all. A lot of people over diagnose an AT or MT saw. Just because that’s gotta be what’s wrong right. ;)

Just the fact that it outsmarted the computer, took me out , since the computer regularly outsmarts me...
Thanks for posting, you never know, I may learn something yet...