Miller Mod and the PS-421 dolmar.

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
12:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guys I havnt did a build thread in awhile. And I'm currently working on the 421. So I thought I'd share where I'm at. I've been meaning to do this saw for awhile but time and so far no one has wanted a ported on. But that said here's my Guinea pigs. Both brand new no run time. :applaudit:image.jpegimage.jpeg

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well here's where I lack. Let's start with the muffler I changed this as I was going but pretty much the muffler has 4 pieces. An outer pretty cover. An inner cover. Then the epa crap. Then the back half of the muffler. That said this is the part that needs to find the trash can. image.jpeg

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The reason i do it this way is when I'm done I use stainless strainer screen which has bigger holes than the oem stuff. But I can lay it right between the 2 covers and bolt it on and I have protection from crap getting in the saws.

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now my next step I want to give some warning on. I think this little saw would do even better with more comp than what I've gave it. But it has 2 big limiting factors. The skirt length and the coil.

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On both of these saws I took .020 from the base and roughly .017 from squish. And even taking that little. 1st I'm right at the bottom of the piston. It's not free porting yet but .010@ more and it would be. 2nd I had to slit the coil holes and the bolts are maxed out against the coil. Now you could grab a bit more by installing Allen headed bolts but i didn't as I'm out of piston anyway.