High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Microscopic Views of Magnesium in regard to Painting/Welding

chy_farm

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Good morning gents, fantastic thing to post this a nice setup of a TIG welder came to me just one hour ago this morning. Hitachi made Inverter Pair 300GP, a refurbished one done at a local dealer.

Inverter_Pair300GP_02.JPG

Not very cheap but she does either direct current or alternative, with inverter controlled pulses.
I think I should go through the manual first!
Chy

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning gents, fantastic thing to post this a nice setup of a TIG welder came to me just one hour ago this morning. Hitachi made Inverter Pair 300GP, a refurbished one done at a local dealer.

View attachment 79056

Not very cheap but she does either direct current or alternative, with inverter controlled pulses.
Chy
Wow chy, that looks real nice.
That will weld a pipe or a muffler up very nice.
Great pictures of the oil impregnation as well as the tips on baking it out. Thanks to Brian as well for that.
Hope you have a great day.

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 79056

Chy
Nice setup chy.

chy_farm

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wow chy, that looks real nice.
That will weld a pipe or a muffler up very nice. Great pictures of the oil impregnation as well as the tips on baking it out. Thanks to Brian as well for that. hope you have a great day.
Good morning Brett, and thanks. Yes I hope it will help me a lot in making some toys, lol. Hope you have a good day too.
Nice setup chy.
Thank you Dave,
the dealer says I should better lift them up on a ruck to prevent them accumulate dust and small particles of steel shavings, so I think better make a ruck with wheels now.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 79056

Chy

I'd ditch the finger switch and get a foot pedal.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd ditch the finger switch and get a foot pedal.
The finger switch does have it's place on larger objects that you can not sit down to weld up, but most of the time the foot pedal works great, especially if your working mainly on smaller items you can set on a bench and have a seat while welding, or standing leaning on the bench.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The finger switch does have it's place on larger objects that you can not sit down to weld up, but most of the time the foot pedal works great, especially if your working mainly on smaller items you can set on a bench and have a seat while welding, or standing leaning on the bench.

I've run the foot pedal with my knee, armpit, between my legs and even the side of my helmet when I couldn't run it with my foot. So, yeah sometimes a variable finger switch would be nice but when you are learning that is a lot of tasks to ask of your torch hand.

GuzziGuy

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hello Chy,

Nice machine. I'm thinking of getting exactly the same machine. Can you tell me if it operates in single phase 200V or just 3 phase 200V?

Also did you get a footpedal wired to it? I found a link for a guy in England that made his own...

GG

View attachment 79056

Chy

chy_farm

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hello Chy,

Nice machine. I'm thinking of getting exactly the same machine. Can you tell me if it operates in single phase 200V or just 3 phase 200V?

Also did you get a footpedal wired to it? I found a link for a guy in England that made his own...

GG
Hello GG, very glad you like the same one. Yes you are exactly right, it works in single phase 200V, either in three phase 200, this is one of the reasons I have been sticking to this model. As far the pedal switch, I think I would make one on my own after experiencing a little more about it.

p.s.
This guy from England also seems to have some project to retrofit the switch,
http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?32037-Hitachi-300A-DG&p=303373#post303373
do you know him?

Last edited:

chy_farm

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I found a fun post on the other site,
http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?32037-Hitachi-300A-DG&p=303246#post303246
I sent a PM to this guy ElGiapo for his schematics, look forward to seeing them!

I've run the foot pedal with my knee, armpit, between my legs and even the side of my helmet when I couldn't run it with my foot. So, yeah sometimes a variable finger switch would be nice but when you are learning that is a lot of tasks to ask of your torch hand.
Armpit! can not have an image to put a optional switch at that part of body, could you take time please to show any pic or illustration how? Thanks,
Chy

GuzziGuy

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Chy,

Please tell me how you manage with building the foot pedal and where you are finding your components. I may want to make the same thing soon. I don't know El Giapo, but I've been searching the net for information about the Inverter Pair 300GP and found that link. I'm still looking for a manual for this welder. I noticed that your machine came with a lot of documentation. Do you have a manual?

Also, how big (in amps) is the circuit you are running your machine on? My arc welder is on a 20A circuit- is that enough I wonder...

So many questions- it's hard to find information specific to Japan, so it's nice to know there are people interested in the same thing as I am!

GG

chy_farm

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Chy,

Please tell me how you manage with building the foot pedal and where you are finding your components. I may want to make the same thing soon. I don't know El Giapo, but I've been searching the net for information about the Inverter Pair 300GP and found that link. I'm still looking for a manual for this welder. I noticed that your machine came with a lot of documentation. Do you have a manual?

Also, how big (in amps) is the circuit you are running your machine on? My arc welder is on a 20A circuit- is that enough I wonder...

So many questions- it's hard to find information specific to Japan, so it's nice to know there are people interested in the same thing as I am!

GG
GG,
Yes a manual came to me with this unit, but it's all written in Japanese though. As far the current, I think I am going to use nearly 100A for thinner metals. I will mostly use this setup for 0.5mm to 1.6mm thick steel sheet first, then will learn how to for aluminum and magnesium.
You may ask me when you got one, the usage of these buttons and dials seems not so difficult unless you have a wish to tinker the circuit inside.
Chy

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's some funny stuff, and I hear you loud and clear:beer-toast1:.
Armpit! can not have an image to put a optional switch at that part of body, could you take time please to show any pic or illustration how? Thanks,
Chy
I'm with Chy on this one :rolleyes:.
:applaudit:
thisthreadisuselesswithoutpichers.jpg

chy_farm

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Posting a pic showing a comparison of the mag plate, left for a view after baking it in a oven at 100 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes, right for that after giving it a wash with some acetone.
Circles on the left show oil particles came after the baking, which are washed off with acetone in the right.
After_Washing_Mag_M.jpg