PAST Michigan GTG 2016 (August 20)

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
2:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well Nate, if you and Clint were not such *b-wordes and stuck around we'd have shared pie with you:D

I don't know what the hurry to leave was.... You two have only been awake for 48 hours straight. If you stuck around for another 6-8 you could have had pie
I would have had too much and passed out for 24hrs and wifey would have been pissed. She at least let me sleep till noon after I got back at 4am.

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe a few guys were running it.

We were glad you could make it Joe. That was a long trip just for a hour or two.

You realize that you could have just dropped those signs off another day. I think they'd look pretty dang good in my garage.
whoa whoa.....................whoa.................. beep beep beep... back that S-word up...

Those weren't going anywhere but Iowa!

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A few more pics of our trip from loading to leaving.
some aren't exactly chainsaw related, but I deleted all the tasteful noods so you're welcome :)
I went around at one point and took pics of all the piles of saws that weren't actually inside a vehicle , so in addition to the 4 pics I posted earlier this is it from me except a few vids I will get up shortly.
I got to meet a large sack of great guys and putting names to faces is always great.

Standout saws I actually ran (this list is shortened due to rain delay) -

Clint's JMS 066 really seemed to come alive with the 20", just walked through the logs like butta, like butta I tells ya.

Mike's JSM 066 was equally impressive and I gotta say his chain work is really nice, this saw self fed perfectly until you invariably got the urge to dog it in to see what would happen. Well the big ol junkyard dogs and the low rakers made it grabby as a sumbitch, but with no manhandling this saw moves like the USA swim team through water but doesn't piss on the mens room floor as far as I could tell.

Mike's Doc36 which I already knew was bad ass cause it lived with me for a month :),
he also had his dad's all original 036 there for comparison and it is startling how much better Al can make this model run over an already great saw design.

SChallenger gave me the low down on his Snellerized MS261 vs. stock MS261, MS241 and ported MS241, his top pick is the Sneller 261 but it also makes me want to give a 241 ported a test drive. As much as I like my 261 the ported one is just more fun.

My new MS441 that Kevin built me, he kept saying it needed a more open exhaust but it runs balls out in both the big ugly wood and those pretty square trees. At one point I wandered over to see what all was going on in the land of Oz and it looked to me like Kevin had somehow coerced Scott into hand filing the stock CL chain I had brought to test on this saw.
Yeah it got faster :) This is another one that will benefit from more sprocket I am sure.

I think I succeeded in selling 4 broken saws on the trip. Kev is apparently a glutton for punishment so he took a pair of non running MS361s from the Orient into his harem.
Bill decided to break my MS200T so I made him buy it :)
And a complete stranger got taken in by me winsome charms and traded me some dead presidents and a couple of DELICIOUS pieces of smoked chicken for a 3120 (which Ross promptly broke) and the 72" GB/Husqvarna bar.

As I made my retreat I thought of the good times I had teaching grown men about "the gold killa", debating the safest way to throw a chain, huddling in a 100 year old barn, soaked to the bone while fully grown 6 year olds screamed "Dave you gotta see this" from the attic, and teaching grown men all about Pokémon Go.
I glanced into the rear view mirror as I made my escape into the grey evening and as I saw my own face I realized........there was soot and chicken grease all over my nose and cheek.

Pretty much Nirvana

IMG_5080.JPG IMG_5082.JPG IMG_5083.JPG IMG_5085.JPG IMG_5117.JPG

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1st pic far right DOLKIVARNA ya dun ben warned
IMG_5120.JPG IMG_5121.JPG

Below this is the fun stuff Scott somehow managed to bring on a motorcycle :)
Pro-tip: the carb on that 026 don't look stock :)
IMG_5122.JPG IMG_5123.JPG

Yeah I peeked in the back of Kev's truck cause his new flatbed looked sweet - and I might be nosy IMG_5124.JPG

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A lot of the guys kept their pretty saws in trunks and under truck caps out of the rain so I am guessing there was close to 160 saws for 25ish guys, and over the course of a full day we made somewhere north of zero usable firewood and a whole helluva lotta noise :)
IMG_5125.JPG

yeah a bit of rain, a little tornado, what..evahh
IMG_5127.JPG IMG_5412.JPG

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kevin, Lisa and Eli I bow to your greatness and thank you for having me.
Next year how are you going to top a tornado?
My wife loved the hotel and already approved next years trip.
If any of you fellas are wondering how to get an otherwise wonderful and sane woman to accompany you on a trip to run chainsaws in the woods, I may have a few pointers :)

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kevin, Lisa and Eli I bow to your greatness and thank you for having me.
Next year how are you going to top a tornado?
My wife loved the hotel and already approved next years trip.
If any of you fellas are wondering how to get an otherwise wonderful and sane woman to accompany you on a trip to run chainsaws in the woods, I may have a few pointers :)
I'm pretty sure Ross may of helped out a bit too. Lol