Meet Frank

spencerpaving

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used frank in a disk stacking competition today and geez he cuts nice.
Modified 16” echo mount 3/8 lp bar running square filed Stihl RS

The idea is to get as many disks sitting on top of each other using ng a set length of timber in a fixed time limit

I got 14 and the 15th ended my chances.
The winner with 40 years experience got 16.
This was my first go ever

Damn fine job....Sucks at the end though...We have a contest coming up with disc stack...Looks like fun I haven't tried it yet

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
4:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well folks, Frank (Cranky Franky as I liked to call him) has moved on to live with one of my good friends who will use him for racing.
I ended up modifying an 039 sprocket and running an 8 tooth 325 sprocket to help keep revs up in our hardwood and it worked.
Here is the last run I had with him testing a fresh race chain in very hard grey box, 4 stroking in the cut tuned to about 14800.

Last edited:

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
4:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But fear not..... I have built another :)

This one has been named Max.

First up, the base saw was a messed up 10mm missing lots of stuff like covers, cylinder etc and tank handle was damaged.
The 10mm crank came out and not being able to get an affordable good 12mm OEM crank after a bit of searching, I just decided to get a china crank as it will just be a fun saw anyway.
what I noticed was the china crank loves were much larger and the crank its self was much heavier.
I took to it with a grinder and lightened it up to better resemble the OEM crank, and also increase case capacity to try and control those crazy hybrid revs.

I will throw out a disclaimer that I am not a professional crank modifier and this is just an experiment which may work or may cause the saw to explode.
I take no responsibility for anyone copying this or any death/damage/destruction/mayhem/hurt feelings or sand in vagina's that may result from modifying a crank.

OEM on left
IMG_7356.JPG

OEM.
IMG_7357.JPG

Chinese
IMG_7358.JPG

IMG_7362.JPG

IMG_7363.JPG