High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Mean 026

Grute

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I am new here and wanted to share an 026 that was built up for me by Al (drf255). I approached him about building me an 026 or 260 that could work harder than the Little saw in its stock form.

As an arborist, I rely on good equipment that does its work with ease and hopefully also leaves me with a less sore back!

Al was excellent to work with and kept me up to date on every little part of the saw with plenty of pictures of his work as the build progressed. I told him that I wanted a saw that I could really bury in the wood and it would keep eating.
This saw did not dissapoint! image.jpg
image.jpg
It isn't a high revving saw but has loads of torque! I run an 18" bar w/235 chain and it'll gut through frozen birch of the same diameter as if it was child's play... Something my stock 026 could only dream of. I get giggly every time I dig it into some wood and that's how it should feel when cutting with a chainsaw! image.jpgThe saws compression seems to have settled in at just a touch over 230 psi. I'm running Stihl HP ultra 32:1 and was told by Al to keep the high end in check and four stroking out of the cut due to the higher compression.
It wears an older metal screen 024 filter on the Walbro 194 carb as the stocker flocked filter wasn't letting in enough air to let it run like it could.image.jpg
Al, from my limited mechanical experience, is a craftsman and perfectionist. He wanted to make sure the saw was mechanically perfect, and also presentable as well. He took the time to find a jug that was in his eyes, perfect for the build, he repaired a broken AV mount by welding on a new piece. I can't even tell it's been repaired. I had to look back at the picture he took of the broken mount to see which one had been fixed. The saw got a new coat of PPG white and looks sharp. He also included an extra cut meteor piston at my request and for a little extra he also found me an arctic cover to help cope with the Alaskan climate.

This saw works so well that I hardly ever reach for a bigger saw. It'll push a 20" bar no problem and stay with, if not overtake an 036.

It's nice to use equipment that you know was built using precision craftsmanship by a person who takes pride in their work and who is willing to take the time and go the extra mile.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
1:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

You're giving me too much credit.

I copied Randy's build and used his numbers.
Don't discredit yourself, your port work and attention to detail is top notch. It's easy to read saw numbers and recipes... Applying them is much harder

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't discredit yourself, your port work and attention to detail is top notch. It's easy to read saw numbers and recipes... Applying them is much harder

Exactly.

Al and I have spent a lot of time chatting. He asks the right questions. Now, he is beginning to ask questions that I don't have answers to.

I think that means he understands what he is doing as well as I do.

:)