SOLD McCulloch Super 797

Trader history (0)

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
12:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello gents! It's time to let this one go. Is had my fun with it at a few GTG's and at camp. Time for something new. This is one of the cleanest OEM, unmolested 797's that I have seen around. If you are looking at the saw you already know all about what they are. I know the question will be asked - Is the block stamped 66251. The answer is no. The stamp is 10316. As you know McCulloch did a bunch of different things with their saws back in the day... Everything on the saw is aying it is a Super 797 , Walbro SDC carb, DSP AND I bore matches the 2.280 inches. $797 OBO shipped. I have not checked but know shipping is going to kill me.

I'll keep it short and sweet.

The good:

Super clean saw.
Carb rebuilt with new lines. It was running lean in the video below before the rebuild. Now runs much better.
Spotless p/c.
Runs like a champ.
McCulloch 27' bar with McCulloch .404 chain included.
Great compression - sorry did not have a chance to put on a gauge this AM. Will do Sunday eve. or Monday. You might be able to start with the DSP off but prepare for a battle - not recommended... I almost lost my shoulder once.

The bad:
Small amount of cancer on the grate just under the muffler.
Needs a new check valve on the fuel cap. I did a quick fix with gasket material kind like a reed. It does not leak or splash in the cut only if turned on the side.

DSCN6967.JPG DSCN6969.JPG DSCN6970.JPG DSCN6966.JPG

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
12:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Was able to try to get a compression reading this AM. DSP off - full compression. It took my wife holding the saw down with all of her weight and me 2 handed pulling. 3rd pull reading 130psi cold. My wife said she was done after I almost pulled her and the saw off the ground. I'm thinking It would have went a tad higher with one more pull. I found out real quick 130psi on 123cc's is nowhere near the same as pulling a much smaller saw with higher readings.

797 Compression.JPG