Country flag

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s a better pic, I actually will have some room to make the intake manifold taller, on this prototype I am just going to use a spacer for the reed cage, I am waiting on the machinist, to make the boot adapter, I am pretty excited that I have a little bit more room than originally planned the higher I can get the reeds, the less restriction there will be in the transfer tunnel, with the cage placement its fine, but even an 1/8 of an inch would make me happy, and better for a bolt on.With the current set up, chamfering the cylinder liner a little would compensate for any restriction
0861A9BA-A37B-44F3-8E27-5265DD93478C.jpeg

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking good Mr. N., that fabricated manifold is a lot lower and thinner than the similar manifolds built by Horstmann and GEM. The commercial one would not fit under the stock
air box at all.
Thanks, I have been planning it for a while now, lots of measuring and mock up, I think it’s going to work out, everything is so tight, a degree or two or a 1/16 of an inch one way or another and it doesn’t fit well at all!

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, I have been planning it for a while now, lots of measuring and mock up, I think it’s going to work out, everything is so tight, a degree or two or a 1/16 of an inch one way or another and it doesn’t fit well at all!
Yup, been there with the BDC fitment. A shoehorn job for sure. I think your WB project to be cleaner, easier, and much more appropriate for a work saw.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow! That was fast!

That rod looks sweet Nathan.
Yes! Really quick!
As it turns out, someone had sanded the rod meeting surfaces and caused a big end to be out of round, and he was able to get right on top of it! I think if I do another one, I’ll just have him do the rod on that one as well it is pretty sweet and when you consider the cost of just bolts and his normal rebuild of the stock rod it’s not that bad. And probably good insurance policy for future failures!