High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

McCulloch Model 47 Help

fixitrjt

OPE Member
Local time
5:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I recently purchased a McCulloch model 47 chainsaw and I am trying to get it running. I was able to take the bowl off and clean out the varnish. I am wondering how I would take the carburetor out to clean. I cannot find any directions online. I am new to McCulloch's so any directions with pictures or a video would be great, however it is not necessary.

Thanks in advance

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got some info on micro film .I have no way to copy it .What did you want to know about it ?

fixitrjt

OPE Member
Local time
5:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've got some info on micro film .I have no way to copy it .What did you want to know about it ?
Sorry for the delay, I have a lot of projects going on and I kind of put this one on the back burner.
Trying to tear into the saw to take out the carb. It looks like the saw was built around the carb. I cannot see anyway to remove it for cleaning. I have searched for parts diagrams and such, with no luck. I talked to a few repair shops, but no one had any ideas. I had one guy that offered to try for me, but he could not figure it out either.
The reason I need to remove the carb is because I cannot keep the saw running. If I let off the throttle it dies. It is also hard to start. The saw has good spark, so I am sure the carb is clogged. I have tried squirting carb cleaner into it, but have had no luck at all.
Is there anyway you can check your film and see how one would remove the carb to clean it.

Thanks