High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

McCulloch CP 125 build

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
3:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Where did you source those bearings at? Edit that particular brand.
One of the local bearing suppliers in my area. I'd appreciate hearing if there is a better brand available because this brand all but claims to be the best quality out there. You can clean these with carb cleaner and spin them while dry and they're still as smooth as can be.

Last edited:

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the local bearing suppliers in my area. I'd appreciate hearing if there is a better brand available because this brand claims to use of the best quality available. You can clean these with carb cleaner and spin them while dry and they're still as smooth as can be.
I would like to try and find some of those near me or mail order. How were they priced?

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would like to try and find some of those near me or mail order. How were they priced?
It costs me more in gas for the drive to get them. They're right around 5 or 6 bucks each. There's a website for the brand and it's probably possible to order direct.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok I have the crankshaft back in place. I put the cover on the other side to center it while the loctite cured.

20180122_000432.jpg

The cover uses two seals butted together...
Seal #1...
20180121_230909.jpg

Seal #2...
20180121_231525.jpg

I was cleaning off the needle bearings to install the rod cap and found a few that have bad pitting from corrosion. A nos set are on the way. I'm very disappointed with myself for not catching that when dismantling. 20180121_235940.jpg

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Any plans for reed upgrade?
Not at this point. It should run really good with the stock set up. I've also noticed the 101 kart motors run very well with stock carb and intake. But they do get scary in a hurry with the addition of a four reed block and bigger carb. I'm not sure if Cole is after "scary". lol

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
6:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not at this point. It should run really good with the stock set up. I've also noticed the 101 kart motors run very well with stock carb and intake. But they do get scary in a hurry with the addition of a four reed block and bigger carb. I'm not sure if Cole is after "scary". lol

Well now you have the wheels turning...

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Upgrading to that intake will force the need for cutting out the entire carb housing floor. That would be tough to do on a tank this nice. View attachment 108150

I say let the owner run it with the stock set up and if he gets a hankering later for more power, then go ahead and cut it up...

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Regarding the double seals which is the way I did it but somebody used a double lip seal in lieu of the two single lip .It's an SAE sized seal

The idea for the two seals is if by chance the first seal "closest to crankcase" weeped
a bit the second seal would stop the weep from getting into the points. The weep would
exit a small hole into a piece of felt held in place by a retainer next to the points cover.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can find a lot of discussion about the two seal arrangement, some guys don't use two, I have taken some saws apart that had one, some had two pointing the same way, others have two with both lips oriented "in". You will notice there is a drain or a weep hole in the middle of that bore, evidently to allow any leakage from the crankcase to drain away from the points.

Mark

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

A stock appearing 125 with a 101 runs very well, Huge difference from a stock 125. But you don't
get the most out of the 101 as it is choked up a bit with small carb and exhaust. Fun saw to run
with a 101 either way you build it.