McCulloch CP 125 build

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
4:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is about the point where someone tells a story how...

Well I was driving a 454 powered 1974 Cheyenne 3/4 ton on a roadtrip in a hell of a rainstorm about 25 years ago. Well the carrier bearing let go the one that supports the driveshaft about halfway on those old pickups. Man it was sketchy that far from home raining like that but at least it was June. I had a partial quart of 30 weight I ran in my push mower and a sock that I had wiped my ass with in the back of the truck. So I oiled the heck outta that sock and stuffed it in the carrier housing around the driveshaft with a stick. Got back to town and then some 'cause it was a Saturday evening and I couldn't get a new part for a few days. Once I was at the house I went ahead and shot in some goo with a grease gun and she was smooth as silk and probably would have worked for a long time. Many other stories about 'ol Cheyenne I will probably tell you guys someday.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
5:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I was driving a 454 powered 1974 Cheyenne 3/4 ton on a roadtrip in a hell of a rainstorm about 25 years ago. Well the carrier bearing let go the one that supports the driveshaft about halfway on those old pickups. Man it was sketchy that far from home raining like that but at least it was June. I had a partial quart of 30 weight I ran in my push mower and a sock that I had wiped my ass with in the back of the truck. So I oiled the heck outta that sock and stuffed it in the carrier housing around the driveshaft with a stick. Got back to town and then some 'cause it was a Saturday evening and I couldn't get a new part for a few days. Once I was at the house I went ahead and shot in some goo with a grease gun and she was smooth as silk and probably would have worked for a long time. Many other stories about 'ol Cheyenne I will probably tell you guys someday.
Man Keith, you must have some wicked movements.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It will work well if used properly. In a spun bearing it will work great if the hole is pretty round. Now if its ovaled out you would want to have the other side assembled in a standard mag cased saw. Then slide the other prepped side on. If its clean and the bore is reasonably round you will be golden with this stuff. I feel its strength is way stronger then jb weld. Ive tried jb it didnt work anywhere near as well.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It will work well if used properly. In a spun bearing it will work great if the hole is pretty round. Now if its ovaled out you would want to have the other side assembled in a standard mag cased saw. Then slide the other prepped side on. If its clean and the bore is reasonably round you will be golden with this stuff. I feel its strength is way stronger then jb weld. Ive tried jb it didnt work anywhere near as well.
The one I have is still round. I can just barely push a bearing in and back out by hand. I may try this after I find a crank. Thanks

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
2:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The one I have is still round. I can just barely push a bearing in and back out by hand. I may try this after I find a crank. Thanks
If it isn't wobbling in place then first bond the bearing in the case half by itself so you're sure it is seated properly. Mating the case halves together while seating with the loctite will make it a challenge when it tries to set up on you before you get it all the way in place.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it isn't wobbling in place then first bond the bearing in the case half by itself so you're sure it is seated properly. Mating the case halves together while seating with the loctite will make it a challenge when it tries to set up on you before you get it all the way in place.
Yes sir! Got it

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
2:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How long is the work time with this stuff?

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you have a small gap .005 or less you get maybe 5 seconds if you use the primer activator. Maybe 10-15 seconds without. If the hole is egg shaped put bearing on crank first. If the hole is straight and very little slop get it in the hole first. You can get the case cold first that will slow the cure process to gain some working time.