Maybe.....

jasper89

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am not a big forum guy at all. I don’t post much , just come here to listen and learn. My reason for being here is to help understand saw performance and I have really come to appreciate the professionalism of several of the saw builders. Trying to keep everyone happy is a losing proposition, staying true to yourself is the only way to go. I had to opportunity to attend a few GTGs at Tree Monkeys place a few years ago. A great time and a real eye opener as to the amount of engineering that goes into these performance saws. Highly encourage to attend GTG when possible. Randy Please know that your contributions and professionalism are greatly appreciated by “little guys” like me.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
9:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
With 9K members, this place should have at least 10 mods minimum IMHO. I only see 3 here and 2 that are here most times.

Site owners should get a few more to take the slack off your back Randy.

Spladle160

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Site owners? wait, are moderators paid? I thought you guys were all volunteer. Not that it really matters, you do good work and it's appreciated.

Spladle160

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get on when I want, read what I want and leave if things are obnoxious. I can't imagine having to be around for no compensation, It's a very kind public service and a nice way to help others but I can empathize with the frustration that it has to come with.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I was made a mod,
I would ignore all of the important, not fun tasks.
I would instigate, bait and bully others to provoke them just so I could swing the hammer.
I would change censorship rules and encourage chaos.
I would let the power go to my head.
I would use my status for personal gain. Extortion would be part of my daily rounds.

Well, that’s my campaign, let me know.

TheDarkLordChinChin

My name Borat, I like you
Local time
1:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I was made a mod,
I would instigate, bait and bully others to provoke them just so I could swing the hammer.
I would use my status for personal gain. Extortion would be part of my daily rounds.

That sounds exactly like the situation on a certain fishing forum that I used to be a member of.

oldbitz

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can relate Randy, I use to admin a brand specific motorcycle forum here in Aus. I used to think teenage girls were *b-wordy, but admining a forum soon make you realise they are just amateurs. It's hard to just walk away when you have skin in the game so to speak, but sometime your health, both physical and mental, need it. I'm not saying you aren't the right guy for the job because from what I've seen you are a pretty good cat wrangler, but if you feel it's what you need maybe just take a break and catch up on some sleep and work for a bit and come back recharged.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I was made a mod,

Well in that case this sounds about right for a plumber. :couch:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I was made a mod,

I fail to see any disqualifying points.

I can relate Randy, I use to admin a brand specific motorcycle forum here in Aus. I used to think teenage girls were *b-wordy, but admining a forum soon make you realise they are just amateurs. It's hard to just walk away when you have skin in the game so to speak, but sometime your health, both physical and mental, need it. I'm not saying you aren't the right guy for the job because from what I've seen you are a pretty good cat wrangler, but if you feel it's what you need maybe just take a break and catch up on some sleep and work for a bit and come back recharged.

Well.

We now have four full fledged moderators. The two men who were just approving posts in certain areas are now able to edit, delete, warn, ban, etc....

Plus we've added one more.

I'm gonna try to step back from being so involved, and let these three guys take care of a bit of the day to day operation.

None of them have unlimited time, but every little bit helps.