High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Material for filling crank case

Iggy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So I read the three threads on porting saws, so clearly I now know everything there is to know:jaja-no:. Question is, if I were to use a material to fill transfers or a crank case, what would you guys use?

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah id never heard of it before shawn mentioned it either.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've used Belzona lots of times to do temporary repairs to pump casings and stuffing boxes on valves and pumps. Works good for the most part.

Iggy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looked like cool stuff, definitely going to keep that in mind. I'll probably do jb weld, it seems like it holds for everyone. I'm starting out testing some theories inside a Chinese 440 jug so cheap is good. Just need the time

birdmeter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
we used bubble gun on a gas tank back in 1985 on 1976 ford half ton plumbing truck from Blackwell Okla to Tulsa it got us home. but proly not a smart thing to do.this has got nothing to do with crank stuffing.but might help in the what not to do.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
5:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There has got to be 1000's of merc 2.5's that have tons of marineTex in the crankcases and intake ports. It's a go to in the boating world. It's not very expensive and is not as runny as jb weld. It might be worth checking out. Has anyone here ever had first hand experience with it?

Steven

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have also repaired several 2.5s with marine tex, jb weld, west systems, devcon, waterweld and some starbrite aluminum putty stuff. Myself i like jb weld, west systems and devcon best. Those 3 are kindof used in different applications tho. Prepwork is very important it must be clean oil free and no paint. I have used pounds of jb in the cases of 61x and 62t yamaha ported cases with great success. As long as the prep was properly done ive never had any of it come apart. I have 1 set of cases that has had several cranks put in it and a few spectacular failures and still no issues with the jb. Keep in mind this case i speak of has a 10mm stroker crank in it and a 1200cc DASA billet topend on it. The cases origenally came with a 701 topend on it and hp has surely doubled. If you port the cases without the jb you end up with holes you can stick few of your fingers through the holes. So if it hokds there it will surely work as a case or transfer tunnel filler.

Iggy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have also repaired several 2.5s with marine tex, jb weld, west systems, devcon, waterweld and some starbrite aluminum putty stuff. Myself i like jb weld, west systems and devcon best. Those 3 are kindof used in different applications tho. Prepwork is very important it must be clean oil free and no paint. I have used pounds of jb in the cases of 61x and 62t yamaha ported cases with great success. As long as the prep was properly done ive never had any of it come apart. I have 1 set of cases that has had several cranks put in it and a few spectacular failures and still no issues with the jb. Keep in mind this case i speak of has a 10mm stroker crank in it and a 1200cc DASA billet topend on it. The cases origenally came with a 701 topend on it and hp has surely doubled. If you port the cases without the jb you end up with holes you can stick few of your fingers through the holes. So if it hokds there it will surely work as a case or transfer tunnel filler.
Cool, should suffice for my uses then, thank you