ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My first ported saw, initially I was debating whether or not to jump into the port world. My hesitation to make the jump because my shipment would have been half way around the world, and me taking all the associated risks. Where I live Husky support is mediocre at best.

Initially we chatted with Randy, who was very responsive to my emails, answered any questions that I may have had, and gave me a time line when the saw would be finished.

Having completely forgotten about my port work with all the other stuff I was doing at the time, few weeks later Randy lets me know that saw is ready for shipping, that just happened to be the exact week Randy promised the saw would be ready.

Saw gets shipped ½ way around the world to its destination without any problems, arrives without anything being broken or missing.

At this time I am that small child in a candy store, could not wait to have some free time and make some trial cuts. After assembly and gassing up, saw fires right up on the 2nd pull, and I could already tell by the sound that this is going to be a beast. Take the saw from part throttle to idle, use Randy’s warm up trick by blipping the saw a few times to warm up. And oh boy, when blipping the throttle, I could feel the kick back in my hands like never before, I knew this saw would not be struggling with anything I had to throw at it.

Had some 26” – 30” logs ready to be destroyed, and with a 20” bar, this saw did just that. The craftsmanship and quality work performed exceeded my expectations. This 60cc saw cuts with a 20” bar like it is getting warmed up. I do like that feeling of having the saw buried in a 30” log at WOT, pressing harder and harder on the handle without feeling that the saw is running out of steam.

I would like to thank Randy for delivering exactly what he promised in our communication. Being the 1st ported saw, this one stands out above and beyond. I have run some old school 60cc low revving high torque saws, nothing close to what this saw produces out of the gate. From idle to WOT, no bogging down, no hesitation, ½ cut pause and it picks right back up without any problems. Tried to bog the saw down on part throttle in a 30” log, with a 20” bar fully buried in the log, well let’s just say that was a bad idea, with the out of gate torque, it just could not be done!

@Mastermind , a great person to do business with, outstanding saw build and craftsmanship, great post build support, thank you for an outstanding product Randy!

TKX8stu.jpg

Fwg0EOF.jpg

4KUZbth.jpg

wwecht9.jpg

o2Vaimh.jpg

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
1:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those husky engineers sure make it tough for a guy to find a spot to put a damn sticker dont they. Looks like a great one saw plan there dude, congrats!

Yeah........you'd think they would be more considerate.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
2:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Lol, the different size stickers you have makes it easier.lol. turned my MMWS 357xp up just the other day and WOW what a difference, you are great at what you do, but I agree you are an even better person my friend.

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
2:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
My first ported saw, initially I was debating whether or not to jump into the port world. My hesitation to make the jump because my shipment would have been half way around the world, and me taking all the associated risks. Where I live Husky support is mediocre at best.

Initially we chatted with Randy, who was very responsive to my emails, answered any questions that I may have had, and gave me a time line when the saw would be finished.

Having completely forgotten about my port work with all the other stuff I was doing at the time, few weeks later Randy lets me know that saw is ready for shipping, that just happened to be the exact week Randy promised the saw would be ready.

Saw gets shipped ½ way around the world to its destination without any problems, arrives without anything being broken or missing.

At this time I am that small child in a candy store, could not wait to have some free time and make some trial cuts. After assembly and gassing up, saw fires right up on the 2nd pull, and I could already tell by the sound that this is going to be a beast. Take the saw from part throttle to idle, use Randy’s warm up trick by blipping the saw a few times to warm up. And oh boy, when blipping the throttle, I could feel the kick back in my hands like never before, I knew this saw would not be struggling with anything I had to throw at it.

Had some 26” – 30” logs ready to be destroyed, and with a 20” bar, this saw did just that. The craftsmanship and quality work performed exceeded my expectations. This 60cc saw cuts with a 20” bar like it is getting warmed up. I do like that feeling of having the saw buried in a 30” log at WOT, pressing harder and harder on the handle without feeling that the saw is running out of steam.

I would like to thank Randy for delivering exactly what he promised in our communication. Being the 1st ported saw, this one stands out above and beyond. I have run some old school 60cc low revving high torque saws, nothing close to what this saw produces out of the gate. From idle to WOT, no bogging down, no hesitation, ½ cut pause and it picks right back up without any problems. Tried to bog the saw down on part throttle in a 30” log, with a 20” bar fully buried in the log, well let’s just say that was a bad idea, with the out of gate torque, it just could not be done!

@Mastermind , a great person to do business with, outstanding saw build and craftsmanship, great post build support, thank you for an outstanding product Randy!

TKX8stu.jpg

Fwg0EOF.jpg

4KUZbth.jpg

wwecht9.jpg

o2Vaimh.jpg
Now you have the bug "CAD"it won't be your last ported Saw enjoy looks great :headbang:

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd have to look back but off memory, Randy and I shared 40 emails back and forth on my first saw. I never felt like he was annoyed in answering. Of course I had done my homework. I purused AS in silence for over a year before selecting a builder. I consider him my dearest friend outside of my wife and younger brother. He's family.

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd have to look back but off memory, Randy and I shared 40 emails back and forth on my first saw. I never felt like he was annoyed in answering. Of course I had done my homework. I purused AS in silence for over a year before selecting a builder. I consider him my dearest friend outside of my wife and younger brother. He's family.
I had the exact feeling when dealing with Randy.
Like everyone says, do your homework!