Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...for small wood.

After getting my Husqvarna 460 Rancher back from Randy @Mastermind working it over, I was anxious to get out and cut with it, first task I had to do was cut a load of pecker poles up into firewood, so I figured I could get a little time on the saw. With one of my round work chains the saw went right through with hardly no resistance. So I thought to myself, "dang, this wood is rotten". Stuck it with a pickaroon only to hear a thud when it stuck. Nope, not rotten. So I cut some more, same thing. So I went and got a little saw to finish up the task, that at least felt like it was doing something. Lol
I bought this saw new, it came with a 24 inch bar and quite frankly it was too big for the saw. I could not even think of dogging in without it stalling out. Now...no problem the saw cuts right through a large log like it should. Randy really went all out on this saw that is looked down upon by most. So in my eyes, this saw needed help the most.
He took the time to figure out was was going on inside of it and working the places it needed most. I'm pretty sure he didn't have a "recipe" like so many folks think is required to have before work is commenced. When you have a fella that truly understands what he is doing, he can write the "recipe" himself. Randy is one of those guys.
I'm very happy with my firewood cutter being in great shape and I can use a smaller saw for tops and limbs I guess. LOL
I would wholeheartedly recommend Randy's workmanship to anyone thinking of getting work done on their power saw.

Last edited:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
UPDATE: After cutting up a couple Tri axle loads of mixed hardwood I must say the MMWS 460Rancher is holding it's own in the wood pile. Now has a permanent place in my stable and is my go to firewood saw once again. I really am happy with my decision to do this, as it was worth every dollar I spent. I can add useful to it's description, to go along with dependable and reliable. Not a bad combination if you ask me.