Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Darn that's awesome that saw ain't no slouch it sure don't wanna drop any Revs
I say again who needs a 70cc when you got this saw it looks like a 153 and he'll it wants to perform like it now ha ha

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anybody checked out the reed block and seen what might be possible? For example, if the reeds are .4mm was that thickness decided upon because of performance or commercial longevity. Perhaps a .3mm reed gave better performance, but tended to 'fret' after a short time and needed periodic replacement. Maybe wider reeds can be installed with a bit of porting work to the block and the jug. Those reeds are rather narrow and a wider reed would give the same flow with less resistance.

One of the things I didn't like about the 370 Suzuki reed/port system was that the reeds were in the intake port. As soon as the piston started opening the intake port, the pressure differential on the reeds would start dropping. The reeds would then become less efficient at the very time that demand in the crankcase was highest. The 6100 system, by having separate intakes, doesn't have that problem. The 6100 keeps the reeds open and flowing as the piston hits maximum piston speed.

From the few pictures I've seen of the jug, it looks like a rear boost port could be ported into the cylinder. Start with a narrow port of 70 degrees, about 1mm below the side transfer openings and see how it works. Try a bit wider, maybe go to 60 degrees - perhaps the loop-scavenging can be significantly improved over the 4-port. That could be very important if the intake system was modded to improve the flow.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
12:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anybody checked out the reed block and seen what might be possible? For example, if the reeds are .4mm was that thickness decided upon because of performance or commercial longevity. Perhaps a .3mm reed gave better performance, but tended to 'fret' after a short time and needed periodic replacement. Maybe wider reeds can be installed with a bit of porting work to the block and the jug. Those reeds are rather narrow and a wider reed would give the same flow with less resistance.

One of the things I didn't like about the 370 Suzuki reed/port system was that the reeds were in the intake port. As soon as the piston started opening the intake port, the pressure differential on the reeds would start dropping. The reeds would then become less efficient at the very time that demand in the crankcase was highest. The 6100 system, by having separate intakes, doesn't have that problem. The 6100 keeps the reeds open and flowing as the piston hits maximum piston speed.

From the few pictures I've seen of the jug, it looks like a rear boost port could be ported into the cylinder. Start with a narrow port of 70 degrees, about 1mm below the side transfer openings and see how it works. Try a bit wider, maybe go to 60 degrees - perhaps the loop-scavenging can be significantly improved over the 4-port. That could be very important if the intake system was modded to improve the flow.
Is there an aftermarket reed that would fit the 6100? I doubt V Force......possibly Boysen?

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe someone could send a polite letter to Dolmar and ask them for the results in testing various reeds. Perhaps they would be willing to cough up some technical information that the EPA tends to ignore. - Any Dolmar dealers out there??