drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
11:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah....I think maybe you misunderstood some of my post. I was subject to criticism over the bridge ports......but that has less to do with why I stopped sharing so many details than this did.

I have seen people copy things I've done, and then discarded because they didn't really pan out. I worry that people will pick up an idea that I posted about without realizing it was just something I did and gave up on shortly afterward.

I really don't want to lead anyone astray.

I'm just like everyone else. Just learning as I go.
I wouldn’t have been able to make a saw run without you sir. I still turn to you when I’ve got a question. The answers have become brief, comical at times, and fully understood nowadays.

“Randy, what are your feelings on making the XXX model run?”

Response used to be a page long. Now I get “Use the piston skirt and drop the jug”. Lol, but you know I understand what you’ve taught me.

The basis of my 026 builds came directly from Randy and Treemonkey. 100% copied from them. The piston cut and chamber remain the same now, but the rest got personalized over the years.

Last edited:

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you ever noticed how retarded people get over a chainsaw ?

Try them...yaint got nuttin' to lose.
Well put.

It’s a damn saw. Beat the daylights out of it, use good fuel and common sense, maintain it. If it breaks, fix it and go back to step 1.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I kinda get Randy's frustrations, when you do something for a job day in day out the excitement diminishes and fades away. Most members think it would be fun to port a saw which it totally is but 1800 in a row... Here in Aus our clock is roughly 12hrs different to the US so when I log on in the morning members are dropping off and going to bed, at night if I stay up the not so pro thread is alive with folks saying morning to each other. Some of the forum reading I liked most was when a M/M meets...thread was running and I'd log on before work to catch up on its many pages it advanced while I was sleeping. Kinda miss them like many others I suppose. But they take so much work to create and its pretty chit Randy feels people have taken advantage of his generosity. Those who give so much dont deserve to feel that.

Last edited:

junkman

Crush it
Local time
8:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've ported too damn many saws I suppose. I'm up to about 1800 or so. Posting about saws, and talking about them ain't to interesting to me anymore. I've actually more interested in older two saws and sand cast stuff than I am in porting and cant racing.
You need to do a 462 thread still .

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've ported too damn many saws I suppose. I'm up to about 1800 or so. Posting about saws, and talking about them ain't to interesting to me anymore. I've actually more interested in older two saws and sand cast stuff than I am in porting and cant racing.

Howdy pilgrim...chainsaws are boring.

Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
HP2 at 33:1 with a semi-gloss finish on a 82 degree day with the dew point at 75 beatin' your meat to a Scott Kunz Calendar...

And there is now ice tea spewed all over my dash and inner windshield. Funny chit right there......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Stickers... oh my.

But, but if I don't like them how ever would I make them go away. Decisions decisions what do? Oh my.
Tic tock...
I got it JB Weld the mother of all cures. I'm a genius now.

Thanks for all your help MMWS.
He's a really great guy and stuffs.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stickers... oh my.

But, but if I don't like them how ever would I make them go away. Decisions decisions what do? Oh my.
Tic tock...
I got it JB Weld the mother of all cures. I'm a genius now.

Thanks for all your help MMWS.
He's a really great guy and stuffs.

If you consider great a person with an extremely low tolerance for bullchit........then I'm GREAT !!!!!

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Check out mushrooms. They been plentiful everywhere this year. We had them up till last week, everywhere and every kind. Banner year.