Local time
2:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
5d494fcef0ebb2e5b33e8e27adac9ecc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We never got this machine over here I like the workings of this machine PTO powered hydraulics working everything What speed can you cut how many acres an hour. Over here it went from sickle bar mowers , too drum mowers and conditioners which even a 6ft cut would zap the power , then disc mowers I got a 9ft cut 6 disc mower and you can cover the ground in a big field you can cut at 10-12 mph if it's smooth enough and 7-8 acres an hour

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
10:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a drum/flail mower New Idea cutditioner. One season and down the road it went.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our grass is usually wet we have had two bad hay seasons now too much rain and it doesn't seem too stay dry for longer than 2-3 days how does the hay bine cope with wet heavy crops of grass

Last edited:

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 29722 View attachment 29723 View attachment 29724

We never got this machine over here I like the workings of this machine PTO powered hydraulics working everything What speed can you cut how many acres an hour. Over here it went from sickle bar mowers , too drum mowers and conditioners which even a 6ft cut would zap the power , then disc mowers I got a 9ft cut 6 disc mower and you can cover the ground in a big field you can cut at 10-12 mph if it's smooth enough and 7-8 acres an hour

I would say I cut 4.5 to 5 mph and can cut about 6 acres a hour.... Most of the time I figure 5 acres an hour and then I'm happy when I'm done sooner.

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had a drum/flail mower New Idea cutditioner. One season and down the road it went.
I had one of those for a few years, I liked it other than it really sucked up the horsepower. Bare bones simple and indestructible. It would chew up rounds of firewood left in the field without missing a beat.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had one of those for a few years, I liked it other than it really sucked up the horsepower. Bare bones simple and indestructible. It would chew up rounds of firewood left in the field without missing a beat.

Only thing I ever had behind my 560 that would make it suck three gallons an hour. Plus first gear was as fast as you could go. You had to locktight the gearbox mount studs. It snapped off one of the mount spindles. After we chucked the whole rotor in a lathe to turned down the new spindle it was pretty smooth. Seven foot cut. Field stubble looked like you hacked it with a butter knife. Hated that stinkin' thing. It did level out the high spots nice.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 29722 View attachment 29723 View attachment 29724

That a 6ooo series JD you have there Andrew ?? ....6400 with the grab and winch is my friends set up for timber and grass fieldwork .

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes it is a 6400 it's been a great tractor I like the power shift on this model