High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Man’s ‘retirement’ fund tied up in massive wood seizure!

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've read this article thoroughly and its compelling on several fronts.
I don't know about Canadian politics, perhaps they have similar quagmires as us, yet I wanted to see what you guys thought about this situation?

https://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/ne...DMzby13L8fRiST7_KoD6BXcsBjEdIKYBcv5E2mvuF7f8E
safe_image.php

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
8:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well first off Happy belated Birthday Reg. And this story is some BS. It's not like he's cutting down Rose wood and smuggling it out of the country.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why I'm not well verses in the local laws there about gathering firewood, where this fellow has got into trouble is most likely because your only allowed to collect wood on crown land for personal use not for commercial enterprise. Gee though I feel a bit sorry for him, even with good equipment, processing a 500 cord pile of split wood is a LOT of blood sweat & tears, to have that seized from you would surely be devastating. Its more than its monetary value, all that HARD work was for nothing. I hope they give him a break, damn those who tipped him in, they probably haven't split & stacked a cord in their life.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They could have left the pile and just told him that selling it is a violation of the permit. It’s funny how the government had the ability to determine how much a household will burn in season or lifetime.

There is also the option of giving the wood away to thous who need it and put a donation jar out. Then your not technically selling it.

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thats very close to my house,,,like 2 miles
Big brother inaction!!!
He will be tied up in bureaucracy forever.
Some big wig in forestry asserting his authority,,
And yes there is a ton of dead pine out there,, and other stuff that will rot before any body get to it.
But the goberment doesnt want you to touch it.
I would burn that entire pile B4 I let them have it!!!

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I read the article & he applied for permits, went through a lengthy process to get them & by the time they were in his hand for the areas he applied for (ex logging sites) he went out to get the wood and it had all been burned. I think what he's doing is a good public service as all the wood he goes for after a logging crew has logged is all burnt. He supplies a lot of elderly, delivers stacks etc. But the letter of the law and some do-gooders have done him in.