High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Mama San MS660 is done.

Flyguy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Finished my MS 660 build tonight. Everything went together pretty good, and no missing parts. After 6 pulls, she popped. Flipped the control to run, and she fired up. I used the carb that came with the kit. Bottomed out the H & L screws in their seats, and then turned them out about 1 1/4 turns as a base starting point. I adjusted the idle to 2800. Rev it up, and it returns to 2800 ish, and just stays there. Warm starts with 1 pull every time. I haven't cut wood with it yet, might upset the neighbors at this time of night. For now, I have the high speed adjusted to 11,500, til she breaks in some.

I used a Meteor Piston and Cylinder that I got on the "Deal of the day" from HL Supply.
OEM seals, and cylinder gasket.
OEM High output oil pump and worm gear.
OEM wristpin bearing.
Hyway Viton manifold.
OEM chain tensioner. ( Needs some work )
OEM De-Comp.
I put an Oregon 30" bar, with a round chisel skip chain on it, with the 7 tooth sprocket from the kit. Might go with an 8 tooth, if theres room with my bar.
Pro Safety felling spikes.
Swapped in an NGK plug gapped to .020.
Did a minor muffler mod, by cutting out the end of the baffle inside.
Ended up with .025 squish which is fine for a working saw. My old 044 is .029, and cuts like a banshee.

I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time to post their builds. I learned lots by seeing what was working for them, or not. Lots of very knowlegable folks on this forum.
:beer-toast1: :borra2:

Saw3.jpg

Last edited: