Makita TWO200 electric impact

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an air compressor and full selection of air tools, but an electric impact is ideal for a quick job. My pawn shop sourced Dewalt 1/2" impact finally bit the dust and so I went shopping for another one. To my dismay, the current corded impacts from Dewalt and Milwaukee are Chicom produced but still have a USA made price tag. Makita's TWO200 is made in Japan and has a $25.00 instant rebate on Amazon, which brings it down to the same price as the others. So, I went ahead and ordered one.

This one is smaller size and weight than most, which I like. My biggest gripe about electric impacts is that they tend to be big and heavy compared to air tools. Makita does make a larger one, the TWO350, but it is big and heavy like my previous one. The TWO200 is rated at 150 foot pounds of torque. No, that's not much but experience has shown me that manufacturer's specs for impacts usually don't line up with reality, which can be good or bad. I figure this will be enough for most of what I would do with it, and if I need more I'll just fire up the compressor. The Amazon reviewers all mentioned that it worked great for typical auto use. So hopefully it will show up soon, I have some brake and suspension work on my truck ready for it.

442f5070-6a14-4e38-b391-67b3f5d42cfe_tw0200_p_1500px.png

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I didnt already have so many air tools, I would look seriously at going all electric. Battery tools have come so far just in the last decade. When I was a car mechanic, the only battery tools anybody used were worklights and cordless drills. Now, you need a big air compressor to keep up with the good 18 and 20 volt battery tools.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got the Makita XWT08Z cordless 1/2” impact and it is a BEAST! Is actually stronger than my IR air impact. Decent price and runs the same batteries as my other Makita tools.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got a chance to test drive the new impact on an alternator fan nut and a tire rotation. It worked great, about as well as my air powered impact with a small compressor. Very nice tool, I'm glad I bought it. Would be great if Makita made a 3/8" drive version as well.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the Makita XWT08Z cordless 1/2” impact and it is a BEAST! Is actually stronger than my IR air impact. Decent price and runs the same batteries as my other Makita tools.

Man I knew their was a reason I could tolerate you. Makita 18v FTW!