ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
1:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 420 has got some oil and petrol in the tanks and it's holding a bit of sawdust both are wearing the same bar and chain
The ps-352 is empty

The 420 does feel bigger I used the luggage scales to get a rough idea of weight
Ps-352 9lb
Ps-420 11-12lb

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I still don't quite have the flow figured out. If I had the engine in front of me it would likely be obvious. I've learned to be cautious of any 'advertising brochure' from the marketing section of a company.

I do note that the flow through the second set of reeds moves through a very small set of openings. I expect someone will eventually open them up to see what happens. It will probably need a fair bit of carb work to dial it back in - but could make the saw really breathe.

Dolmar is spending some serious R&D time working with reeds in the strato system - they're on to something and they know it. The 6100 was an interesting design for a first try. Now this, - try a bit of this, a bit of that and then BINGO a 65cc saw with the power of an 80cc saw.

I wonder if Dolmar ever tested this design with a carb on the strato port. The fact it doesn't have an 'offset' combustion chamber to aide turbulence may give an indication of its original configuration.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The theory with the 6100 was that they were working around patents but I think this shined some light on it and they are using reeds to accomplish goals that can't be done without them

In my mind I see being able to take huge gulps of air and get lots of primary compression to gain torque at low to mid RPM. Then at higher rpm when reeds alone would limit top rpm and are less effective, the piston port can do what it does best.
I can't wait to dig into it when it shows up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my mind I see being able to take huge gulps of air and get lots of primary compression to gain torque at low to mid RPM. Then at higher rpm when reeds alone would limit top rpm and are less effective, the piston port can do what it does best.
I can't wait to dig into it when it shows up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be sure you tag me when you start a thread....

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its good to see the modern small 2stoke is not following the footsteps of the dinosaurs. These products and new design concepts give me faith they will be around for a while yet and be the simple/strong/light & powerful alternative to the 4 stroke. I love 2stokes and their inherent nature all this stuff is promising!

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can't blip throttle on the 3600 series very much or it will load up the engine and stall.

Germany is very happy with the performance of the new generation saws they are testing. Can't say any more yet.

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You can't blip throttle on the 3600 series very much or it will load up the engine and stall.

Germany is very happy with the performance of the new generation saws they are testing. Can't say any more yet.
how much time have you put on this 3601? I got about 2 tanks thru mine now and its still impressing me for 35cc.