High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Makita dcs6421 H non adjustable?

Bmezz88

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Good evening everybody. I just got a Makita DCS6421 and I am stumped on how to adjust the H setting on the carb. I can adjust the idle and the low, but the high just has a circular metal stud... any way around this or is it just completely unadjustable? Thanks in advance.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
pictures of what you have and the problem help

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm...

While cleaning you my latest addition, Dolmar PS-7310 built 2013., I came across this:
DSC03354.JPG

Carb is:
DSC03351.JPG

Solution, take off carb and slot the H needle?

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Clean out the crud ...you should find more :D
I've been scraping the dirt of her for a whole afternoon, been washing detachable parts with break cleaner - there's still so much dirt on this saw I was considering taking her to the carwash and hose her off!

So, there's a double-D on the lower section of the H needle?

I'm still tempted to slot the needle for the little red screw driver!
At least I should be able to unscrew the needle without taking the carb off if it features a double-D.

Thanks

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've been scraping the dirt of her for a whole afternoon, been washing detachable parts with break cleaner - there's still so much dirt on this saw I was considering taking her to the carwash and hose her off!

So, there's a double-D on the lower section of the H needle?

I'm still tempted to slot the needle for the little red screw driver!
At least I should be able to unscrew the needle without taking the carb off if it features a double-D.

Thanks
Your Welcome .
Should be a DD further down yes. Might be worth getting a DD screwdriver ...i think you should find what you want on Ebay ...i got all my different carb drivers in a set from UK ebay , they have all fitted fine and paid around £10.00 .

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your Welcome .
Should be a DD further down yes. Might be worth getting a DD screwdriver ...i think you should find what you want on Ebay ...i got all my different carb drivers in a set from UK ebay , they have all fitted fine and paid around £10.00 .
I purchased a 8 tool set with storing pouch for about 10£ on eBay today! :)
Might arrive as soon as mid next month.

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Thanks

I wouldnt use a pressure washer but garden hose and lots of cleaning solvent works well. Also the brake clean is hard on paint and plastic....I used to use brake clean when i first started working on saws and after the first stihl that i spent an hour peeling the paint out of the inside of the crankcase that brake clean loosened I havent used it since.

make sure she will run and that you have a air blow gun handy.....now soak in your favorite cleaning solution, mine is purple power just because its easy to get in 5 gallon jugs and they deliver it, let it soak for a few minutes and hose it off. Repeat until clean then blow off the remaining crud and water with the air hose and fire it up. let run for 5-10 minutes to dry everything out...your now ready to disassemble and do a final cleaning on individual pieces that need attention.

If they dont run i will still do that same procedure but i immediately get it torn down so i can dry out everything and make sure no water gets left laying in the crankcase/cylinder.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldnt use a pressure washer but garden hose and lots of cleaning solvent works well. Also the brake clean is hard on paint and plastic....I used to use brake clean when i first started working on saws and after the first stihl that i spent an hour peeling the paint out of the inside of the crankcase that brake clean loosened I havent used it since.

make sure she will run and that you have a air blow gun handy.....now soak in your favorite cleaning solution, mine is purple power just because its easy to get in 5 gallon jugs and they deliver it, let it soak for a few minutes and hose it off. Repeat until clean then blow off the remaining crud and water with the air hose and fire it up. let run for 5-10 minutes to dry everything out...your now ready to disassemble and do a final cleaning on individual pieces that need attention.

If they dont run i will still do that same procedure but i immediately get it torn down so i can dry out everything and make sure no water gets left laying in the crankcase/cylinder.
Hi Nate :ciao:

I have noticed that the break cleaner I have (most likely not the same stuff You have in the US) tends to fade the paint of aluminum parts but luckily doesn't break it off, oddly enough I didn't notice any aggressive side affects on non painted plastic parts.

Your suggestion is sound, with one small issue - I don't own a compressor, thus I can not blow the saw dry after washing her.
I'm working the afternoon shift this week and I am thinking to take my partially dismantled PS-7310 to work and blow loose dirt off and out of her - industrial pressurised air is damn strong.

Got some Dolmar parts in today, private purchase but unused/new, for the 6400/7300/7900 saw family.
Now I know where I'm at with spare parts, will get other required small parts from Dolmar.

I also got a new 24" Carlton Speed Tip in D009 + new Carlton chisel 84DL loop today - looks nice. :cool:
Secondary B&C setup for my PS-7310 is secured! :D

Last edited: