Lumbersexuals

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
10:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My dad is a retired US Army Master Sergeant. We ran the family farm by ourselves for several years. The only time he hired help was when we would set the tobacco in the field. He had a harvester, so we would barn the tobacco by ourselves too, just he and I. When we left the farm (long story) I went to work in construction. Still there welding after 21 years and I am content with it. It seems easy compared to what I was doing as a kid. I have often said people should spend a year or so working on a farm in their youth. There would be a whole new perspective on what work is and how it is done.

I couldn't wait to get a job and get paid because it was a heelluva lot easier than working on the farm.If I could go back I would do it with a smile really miss those days. Alot of the problem with the generation is they seen the reward for failure from the top down from our federal government (the banks)being bailed out to the auto industries going bankrupt the reward bailed out for failure.Chit even in sports in school nowadays the have rewards for just participating.
Whatever happened to do it right or don't do it at all thats what I was taught and teach my own.I would rather have to do it over and over till I get it rite than pay some *dipstick to do a half azz job.There are way to many people getting by doing a halfazz job instead of doing it rite.We all do things different as long is it gets done rite.Like a math problem lots different ways to get there but as long as we get the rite answer is what matters.

pro94lt

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wonder if theirs any lumbersexual loggers or climbers. the only lumbersexual I know doesn't have a job and when I asked him what he did he was offended.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
amazing-tree-funny-pic.jpg

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ireally thought this is what this thread was about seeing the title for the first time
mother-tree-funny.jpg

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my cousin is ruining his son but not making him find a job or do anything other than letting him try to be a pro on the gncc circuit its so bad the boy said i dont need a job im gonna turn pro soon and when asked him what he plans on doing after that either happens or he doesnt make it he didnt have a answer