HLSupply Chainsaw Parts Buy Used Saws CCC Ebay Store HLSupply Daily Deals

Lumbersexuals

Discussion in 'Chainsaws' started by Terry Syd, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Keith Gandy

Keith Gandy 93 efree, Klotz KL200, Echo Red Armor 40:1

:eek::D:tiburon:

USMC615 and Locust Cutter like this.
  2. Keith Gandy

I have a red/black flannel Hickory Shirt Co. Shirt/jacket from Baileys Im quite fond of

hseII and USMC615 like this.
  3. dall

dall Soon to be banned fart knocker.

lol yes jake

4. KenJax Tree

KenJax Tree ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No room for mistakes or stupid things at 110ft[​IMG]

hseII, mainewoods, cus_deluxe and 9 others like this.
  5. Locust Cutter

Locust Cutter Grade-A Hack

Through God's grace though, I do have a wonderful (and beautiful) wife who occasionally reminds me that there are certain things that I shouldn't try to do anymore, or at least not in the same dumb ways... It kind of hurts the pride at times, but She's usually right. And I'll never admit to making this statement elsewhere...

hseII, Mark71gtx, mainewoods and 4 others like this.
  6. jake wells

jake wells no longer here

tarzan chris.

skidooguy, huskihl and Keith Gandy like this.
  7. Locust Cutter

No. Lord I'd love to learn how to climb though... Given that I love rock climbing, trees, chainsaws and making trees into firewood, I think climbing would be quite sobering but a neat challenge.

8. Keith Gandy

Man at least u can swallow some pride and ego in this thing we call life and be honest unlike some of us here with infalliable egos and prides and what some of us think nuts as big as 2 Spalding basketballs

9. Keith Gandy

I personally KNEW a guy that cut his rope at 65ft

10. jake wells

jake wells no longer here

i will be honest im afraid of heights and can't swim that great, im not in good health from either bad accidents or inherited genetics one accident cost me 70% hearing loss in my right ear.
    i never can get ahead in life but i always manage to get by.

11. Locust Cutter

Luckily I have good friends and family that won't let me get too arrogant, cocky or otherwise. Having children helped as well but going through 3 years of at times debilitating back pain prior to surgery fixed what little may have been left. Also, having had Men in my Masonic Lodge who fought in WWII , Korea and Vietnam, that would actually tell me the stories, as I also wear the uniform, gave me plenty of perspective. War will always be a truly horrible thing, but a lot of those guys went through hell backwards and didn't have many if any of the conveniences and comforts that we as service members do now...

12. redtractor

redtractor Super OPE Member

And Jake, I like your new pic but I do miss the collection that you've been using.:zlumi:

Mark71gtx, USMC615 and Keith Gandy like this.
  13. Mastermind

Mastermind Knocker Of Farts Staff Member

@Locust Cutter my friend. Thank you for adding much needed perspective to this discussion.

14. Ryan Browne

Ryan Browne Pinnacle OPE Member

This is definitely an interesting conversation. I thought that the thing Terry mentioned about fake veterans was particularly interesting. I guess it makes sense that people are out there pretending to be vets, but I guess I'd never thought of it. I did try googling it to see if there was any info on numbers of these fake vets, but couldn't find anything.

Also, I want to briefly stick up for millennials and lumbersexuals. First, I'm a millennial (born 10/1986). @jake wells is too. I know there's worthless members of my generation. Plenty of them. There's also a damned lot of hard-working men and women of this generation. Kinda like all the other generations. Does our generation feel more entitled to things than previous generations? I don't know, maybe. Maybe not. For better or worse, things are different now than they were forty years ago. There aren't very many jobs a kid can get right outta high school that will put food on the table, make car payments, pay a mortgage, and also offer a pension. I know that's not how everyone worked their way through life, and I know that some those pensions withered up. I'm just saying that we've got a lot fewer decent paying jobs and a lot more service jobs now than a generation ago. Do kids feel "entitled" to a good job? Sure a lot of them probably do. Do baby-boomers take their paid-off houses and pensions earned from years of working a decent paying job for granted? I think a lot probably do. I know there's no way to arrange this, but I think if a 25 year old kid could see wear working a line at a Ford plant 30 years ago was like, and a retired auto worker could see what a job at Target feels like when you're staring down $50,000 of student loans feels like, I think all parties would gain a little understanding of each other.

Again, I know there's tons factors in all this chit, and we're all responsible for our own choices. I just think that it's good to use caution when making judgements of others. I want to point out that even though you see some pasty millennial video gamer complaining that all the tech jobs are taken, he doesn't represent the lot of us.

About lumber sexuals, I think that those guys look silly, sure. But hey, if you wanna wear plaid and grow a beard, go ahead, this is America. It's hardly the first time people have dressed up like a different demographic as a style choice. I think pretending to be a lumberjack is a lot less offensive than pretending to be a Vietnam vet, and you know who's doing that? Not millennials...

15. Ryan Browne

Ryan Browne Pinnacle OPE Member

Okay, I started my own thread on the "ghey" thing. Here's a link.

http://opeforum.com/threads/treating-each-other-with-respect-lets-not-use-hate-speech.4974/#post-236074

Also, I just wanted address the definition that was posted earlier:
    ghey
    a derivation of gay meaning lame. meant to be non-offensive to individuals of a homosexual persuasion.
    "That coffee cup is broken.How ghey."

This is from urbandictionary.com anyone can write anything they want for definitions. It's cool that someone doesn't want it to be offensive, but I think it's more likely that the spelling originated to block filters that censored inappropriate language.

Here's another urban dictionary definition for comparison:

Logger
    An enormous piece of unusually solid feces, which usually causes much discomfort through the action of release. Loggers are usually lengthy. Sometimes, because of their enormous size, loggers rip small tissues in the intestines, causing blood to come out with the logger itself.

After I released the logger into the toilet, I bled out of my anus.

16. cus_deluxe

cus_deluxe Pinnacle OPE Member

Ok lets get this back on track. Not sure if @bryanr2 still has this in his sig or not but thats where i saw it

Discuss.

bryanr2 and Keith Gandy like this.
  17. Big_6

Big_6 Super OPE Member

My wife is on the same page. If you give in to that nonsense, nothing gets done. Game over!

18. Redfin

Redfin Meh...

All these years I thought lumber sexual was playin around with Mama on the wood pile.

19. Keith Gandy

:eek::D

20. exSW

exSW Going,going..

Getting worked up over a lumbersexual is about as stupid as a Rodeo(or working) Cowboy getting pissed over a line dancer.