High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Looking for input on new build

BigRed86

Active OPE Member
Local time
5:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here! I have an older 066 that I would like to turn into a bit of s modded out play saw. I've seen a few saws on here that I really like. But I'm mostly just looking for advice on my first build, basically porting, pipe, carb and intake advice. I really like the look of the saws I've seen Spencerpaving post with the underbelly pipes. Anyways, hope this sparks up some conversation. As I said before I'm pretty green to modded hot saws.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys I'm new here! I have an older 066 that I would like to turn into a bit of s modded out play saw. I've seen a few saws on here that I really like. But I'm mostly just looking for advice on my first build, basically porting, pipe, carb and intake advice. I really like the look of the saws I've seen Spencerpaving post with the underbelly pipes. Anyways, hope this sparks up some conversation. As I said before I'm pretty green to modded hot saws.
Carb swaps do help, but linkage can be a royal pain in the ass. Do you have any expirence with porting?

BigRed86

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Carb swaps do help, but linkage can be a royal pain in the ass. Do you have any expirence with porting?
I won't be doing the porting myself, I have a really good 2 stroke guy tha I use. I was kinda just hoping to see how much to open up the ports ect. for a tuned pipe. Which carb is a good upgrade for these old 066's?

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I won't be doing the porting myself, I have a really good 2 stroke guy tha I use. I was kinda just hoping to see how much to open up the ports ect. for a tuned pipe. Which carb is a good upgrade for these old 066's?
088/084 carbs work good but there's nothing easy about it

BigRed86

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Stock appearing is a class, which means just that.
View attachment 123934

Here's my stock appearing 066
That's a good looking saw! Are you willing to share with me what you've got done to it? I'm kind of leaning towards "stock appearing " as I may still want to use this saw for general "work" . It's just like you said earlier pipe saws are cool. And I thought I'd just like to have something different.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a good looking saw! Are you willing to share with me what you've got done to it? I'm kind of leaning towards "stock appearing " as I may still want to use this saw for general "work" . It's just like you said earlier pipe saws are cool. And I thought I'd just like to have something different.

http://opeforum.com/threads/6-cube-066.8895/

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You may want to get your feet wet with a woods ported saw first. Which can be used all day long. And for this type of work I strongly suggest some of the trusted builders here on this site. Porting a chainsaw is a lot different from porting larger 2 stroke engines.

BigRed86

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You may want to get your feet wet with a woods ported saw first. Which can be used all day long. And for this type of work I strongly suggest some of the trusted builders here on this site. Porting a chainsaw is a lot different from porting larger 2 stroke engines.
Tons of good information in your build thread, thank you!! I agree with you 100% on the woods porting. It will work much better for me. I will start doing some research and trying to source all the parts I will need. Thanks again for your input.