Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone know if such a thing exists? I’m looking for a small spline rim that will fit Husky and Dolmar, not the Stihl micro spline. I can’t seem to find anything on this. For some reason I think I have heard someone was modding the Stihl micro spline rims to fit small spline drums, but I could be wrong.

I can find a rim that fits the MS261, but then again, I have no idea if that’s a small or micro spline.

Thanks!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This may be considered a stupid suggestion but I'll out it anyway.

Maybe try sourcing an Archer 3/8" sprocket featuring a small spline.

I once ordered a Dolmar/Oregon 3/8" 7 tooth standard spline sprocket and received an Archer one.
A brand new 3/8" wouldn't seat into it so I tried my 3/8" LowProfile and it fit perfectly.

I'm not saying that all Archer sprockets are "faulty" by default, but maybe You get lucky and receive a "faulty" one that will fit Your needs perfectly. ;)
Maybe someone here carries Archer and is willing to check chain fitment for You!

My one encounter with an Archer sprocket, mind You this is standard spline.
3/8" chain
DSC00575.JPG

3/8" LowProfile chain
DSC00579.JPG DSC00581.JPG DSC00586.JPG

Here in Europe/Croatia Archer is sold by Ratioparts , the part number for the standard spline is Ratioparts 32-200.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This may be considered a stupid suggestion but I'll out it anyway.

Maybe try sourcing an Archer 3/8" sprocket featuring a small spline.

I once ordered a Dolmar/Oregon 3/8" 7 tooth standard spline sprocket and received an Archer one.
A brand new 3/8" wouldn't seat into it so I tried my 3/8" LowProfile and it fit perfectly.

I'm not saying that all Archer sprockets are "faulty" by default, but maybe You get lucky and receive a "faulty" one that will fit Your needs perfectly. ;)
Maybe someone here carries Archer and is willing to check chain fitment for You!

My one encounter with an Archer sprocket, mind You this is standard spline.
3/8" chain
View attachment 131880

3/8" LowProfile chain
View attachment 131881 View attachment 131882 View attachment 131883

Here in Europe/Croatia Archer is sold by Ratioparts , the part number for the standard spline is Ratioparts 32-200.
Thanks Wilhelm.
I already have a rim like yours, with standard spline and 3/8”LP stamped on it. Can’t even remember where I got it from. I think it was a mis ship from somewhere. Lol

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lots of Echo run them to use the good Stihl PS chain.
That’s what I run on the small saws too. I have a sweet Cannon SuperMini which can do both A/K041 and K095. With a rim like this I can run that bar on my 50cc saws as well as my little 42cc saws. I could also swap out the clutch drums on the little Dolmar 421 and Makita 4300 to use rims instead of the spurs they come with stock.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What brand rim do you start with?
I got two from HLS of regular 8pin 3/8. They are the only two with a thicker drive paw. Never seen any like it. Chain still sits low but rolls smooth. Never saw them again.

Edit
No name brand

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You should change that saw to a 346 :coleman:
I am planning on it ,it is the first saw I ever bought new. It is an 02 model and I have run 97 gallons of fuel through it since it was new . Still runs great, I have upgraded the oil pump to the 350 one and installed the 346 muffler brace. I just can’t bring my self to take apart a good runner. Plus I have a 346xp new edition too.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
2:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am planning on it ,it is the first saw I ever bought new. It is an 02 model and I have run 97 gallons of fuel through it since it was new . Still runs great, I have upgraded the oil pump to the 350 one and installed the 346 muffler brace. I just can’t bring my self to take apart a good runner. Plus I have a 346xp new edition too.

Well by no means take apart a runner then. I know I wouldn't.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds pretty precise. My dad is a real record keeper. Is that how you keep track? I was going to blame the fumes, but you have had some "exposure" too!

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sounds pretty precise. My dad is a real record keeper. Is that how you keep track? I was going to blame the fumes, but you have had some "exposure" too!
Yes I am a little ocd about keeping my stuff maintained and in working order. I keep a little note book of how many tanks I have run through each saw. The 340 has had three air filters, two clutch drums, four bars and 22 loops of chain, and one spark plug change. It has been a great little saw. It still looks like new and lives in a husqvarna soft case, in the house so it is climate controlled.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
2:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I am a little ocd about keeping my stuff maintained and in working order. I keep a little note book of how many tanks I have run through each saw. The 340 has had three air filters, two clutch drums, four bars and 22 loops of chain, and one spark plug change. It has been a great little saw. It still looks like new and lives in a husqvarna soft case, in the house so it is climate controlled.

Does it still have that plastic clamp in the intake?