Long distance diagnosis

dmb2613

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Make sure it is closing the choke all the way If it runs fine after you get it fired up It has to be fuel related, If the choke is not choking it will not start cold. If it is not a choke problem, get another carb on it. I am betting it will run, after you get it running put some heat cycles on it

Problem was not the air filter as you can understand
As you can see in my post from page 2 I told you about the choke, if it had no air filter , you would have had to see that the choke was not working. I truly hope that you were just yanking our chain from jump street, cause if not be carful with the saw it will hurt you lol

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Are you spilling the fuel? If you get sloppy then you will fume out the air box and interfere with oxygen exchange. If I douch in the side cover then I wouldn't waste my time pulling it without poping the air box cap. I had a few loose fitting leaky fuel lines a few times. Same starting issues. Needle drip downs too. It's not necessarily flooding in that case. Just my opinion. Your can all tell me to f—ck off if you want? I may even enjoy it.
It was a combination issue with the am impulse line and the tank vent. I sorted it and everything is fine now. I just read quite a few of your posts. The sarcastic dry humor makes me chuckle.

Last edited:

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Turns out i am a *dipstick and didn't remember this saw has no air filter and no choke. I fired up a bunch of saws that week of shipping that had been sitting. Totally my fault and ill get an air filter and wj69 headed to Evan. I spaced out on having to give the girl a squirt to get it started because that is pretty commonplace in my garage. I apologize.

It's common place for you to give the girls a squirt before things get going from the rumors at the Flying J... It's understandable that you would forget a single incident.