Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
2:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont know anything about splitters
I would suggest doing some research then if on the hunt for one...a few good log splitter threads in here.

...and avoid that little electric 5-ton splitter in the vid like it's a 5-gal bucket of herpes. Unless you wanna maybe pay your kids or somebody to make kindling with quarter splits or something.

Gamerfan81

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry i was just asking....how can this handle a big log like that?

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just goes to show all ya need is a 5-ton electric splitter and a Gorilla Cart...and ya got the splitting world by the nutsack!

Looks like I'll be selling my SuperSplit HD...

you want something a little more challenging don’t you? Lol. Splitting a full cord of wood in an hour gets boring .. I hear ya. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

If this is the case why does people buy the 25 ton ones?

I think this is a "perfect world" situation. He shows the diameter, but how thick was it? Video does funny things to objects. This piece of wood could only be 12" thick, maybe less. It's green, fresh wood, which splits easier, than seasoned wood, as well. If all you have, or get is primo, straight grain, no knot, not stringy wood, then this splitter probably would work. Then again, if it splits that easy, why not just grab an axe or maul and get it done faster? The time and energy he takes wrestling those rounds onto the splitter, would be more than if he just grabbed an axe I'm guessing. He mentions the downfalls in the video, which is most of the wood where I am. We don't have 100' tall trees with tiny branches. We have 40-50' tall trees with huge branches, and knots everywhere. This splitter wouldn't last an hour out here.

Then again, I split an average of 5 cords a year, by hand, and have, for dang near a decade. So I would never think of spending money on something that only works on perfect wood. If I buy a splitter, that dang thing will be able to split everything I throw at it. However, I actually enjoy splitting wood. I don't consider it "work" like most do, so that probably makes a difference too.

That's just my thoughts on it.

JBW1

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Is it really necessary to straddle a splitter? What
Kind of wood is he splitting? I’d probably go after it with my maul.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it really necessary to straddle a splitter? What
Kind of wood is he splitting? I’d probably go after it with my maul.

I think it's all oak, and he is sitting like that because it's a 2 handed operation running the thing. Which makes it even more ridiculous IMO. Who wants to get up and down every cycle of the splitter.