Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
1:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your saw build doesn't look like you are going for longevity

No, but many other places have already been lightened. I really don't have anything to make a taper like Stihl, and am not sure how much could be taken out before it would break. Might get away with a little bit I would suppose. Might take a look at that before final assembly.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
No, but many other places have already been lightened. I really don't have anything to make a taper like Stihl, and am not sure how much could be taken out before it would break. Might get away with a little bit I would suppose. Might take a look at that before final assembly.
They are very hard by the way lol

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought about making the pins lighter, but experienced people talked me out of it. For the trouble, likely just better to go OEM.

FYI, IIRC, the Cross piston was lighter than OEM, it was the pin that was heavier.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
1:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought about making the pins lighter, but experienced people talked me out of it. For the trouble, likely just better to go OEM.

FYI, IIRC, the Cross piston was lighter than OEM, it was the pin that was heavier.

This has a Hyway 288xp piston in it so I really don't even have that option to even entertain. Not sure how it measures up in weight to the Stihl counterparts. Did quite a bit of whittling on it though. Lol

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

For what your doing with them there's no point to worry about the few grams difference