Little Bro's mower story

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Really MUST share this gem my brother told me last night. In 3 parts and it keeps getting funnier as we go.

Calls me up and says he needs a blade for his Husky push mower. Hit something and bent the blade pretty bad. No damage to the crank cause the Hondas take a hit better than the Briggs. Happened last freaking year, but he was too embarrassed to tell me or our 90 year old Dad. Went to mow a small yard at one of his rental properties. First time on the lawn and only mowed about 30 seconds until he hit a stump. Blade now in the "tiller" position. Done mowing, heads home with the injured mower. .

Still waning to get some yard work done he decided to trim some bushes and started with one on the corner of his own house. About 30 seconds into that job he finds out he's standing next to a yellow jacket nest in the ground. Out they come like an RAF Spitfire squadron. Hedge clipper goes flying, stung 3 times while running away. That put an end to the yard work for that day.

He already had an exterminator coming later that day to deal with some carpenter ants. Asks the guy if he could take care of the bees nest. Guys says no problem at all I'm not scared of those little bastards; deal with them all the time. Puts on his bee suit and starts digging up the nest with a shovel before hitting it with the nerve gas or whatever they use. All of a sudden the guy starts swearing and running across the yard beating on his leg cause a bee got inside his suit and was stinging him in the leg.

Amazing but true. :)

Slacker

Hunny Locust Skipchain Sparker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I nailed one with the bushhog...no cab.
I bailed. Tractor wouldn't go fast enough.

I now have "chaff" on the tractor.
Aka an old jacket. Toss it on the ground and most of them take the bait while I motor away in high gear.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yellow Jackets are not bees they are a WASP.

I use spectracide Pro Wasp and hornet killer on them.
HG-30110.png

It is a contact killer up to 4 weeks if it doesn't get rained on or sprinkled on with a garden sprinkler.

No need to be digging up any nest just cover thre entrance with a can of it.
I have only be able to find it at home depot in my area .
Buy lots of places on line.

:D Al

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have a spray called "Bee Bopper" that works very well and fast.