Lil Red Barn

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
11:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just got one of they'r popup pistons for 372, it's heavy, it's a 2 ring piston, it weighs 3 ozs. with one w p clip in it. Oem. 2 ring piston is 2.9 oz., oem single ring piston is 2.8 oz.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used a 372 xtorq pop up piston and a 930 piston from them and they seem to be good quality. I asked where their pistons are made and the owner said their pistons are made in the European Union.

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
11:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just got one of they'r popup pistons for 372, it's heavy, it's a 2 ring piston, it weighs 3 ozs. with one w p clip in it. Oem. 2 ring piston is 2.9 oz., oem single ring piston is 2.8 oz.
(Edit) I just measured the popup on this piston, it's only .025.

foragefarmer

70cc groupie
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used a 372 xtorq pop up piston and a 930 piston from them and they seem to be good quality. I asked where their pistons are made and the owner said their pistons are made in the European Union.

I have a 930 LRB piston; everything I read on the internet lead me to believe the LRB 930 pistons are rebranded Golf pistons. Golf pistons are made in Turkey. Turkey is not an EU member state. Maybe the internet is wrong, maybe the owner doesn't know.

The piston has run fine, but I don't run the saw very much. I dusted it last week in fact.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 930 LRB piston; everything I read on the internet lead me to believe the LRB 930 pistons are rebranded Golf pistons. Golf pistons are made in Turkey. Turkey is not an EU member state. Maybe the internet is wrong, maybe the owner doesn't know.

The piston has run fine, but I don't run the saw very much. I dusted it last week in fact.
I don't think they are Golf pistons. The arrow that points to the exhaust on the Lil Red Barn pistons is a triangle, on the ones I've used and I think the Golf pistons is a normal arrow, I could be wrong.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I just looked at some pics of their pistons and some have a triangle and some an arrow, they must get them from different manufactures.

foragefarmer

70cc groupie
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 920/930 piston is an arrow on their website.

JONSERED PISTON ASSEMBLY, 54MM
JOPK920-54MM-2.jpg

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure why it would be surprising if they may multiple sources to put in those "genuine" red boxes. So who cares really where they come from? They are aftermarket.....which means not OEM...:) Also Little Red barn has a line of popups now, as Hyway does. Just LRB covers some saws I'm not sure others cover with popups. the 48mm 365 comes to mind. It's more interesting to me how these things function and last than where they come from to be honest. Looks like some "blending" between HyWay and Meteor may be happening as well...any one really care? Most Only care if we have access to the really "cool" & functional offerings without fifteen middle men all taking a cut. These popups from LRB and Hyway are a way to add compression where in the past a lathe or hiring some one with those skills was required. I measured the squish on the 48mm with out a base gasket, 1184, and ended up with just over .020...and still has a little less volume because of the as delivered "popup". For 40 bucks delivered? ($32) I have a feeling more of these type of things will appear as time goes on and the Aftermarket tries to define themselves one vs. the other. Hyway with their popup offerings are the reason, its all their fault! Had the Hyway 52mm popup ( 372 build )run this year in a pro environment until it rattled itself apart that was a strong saw! ( The ms660 with a Hyway popup in a Farmertec 54mm cylinder is STILL running and gets used for Bucking. Its got a few years on it, those 660's are a strong saw design ) Most would never see that much time so that experience is only relevant to a person wanting to run that build as a pro. Most would love that build. Have a LRB popup for a 50mm 372 and X-Torq going into saws. The 50mm X-Torq probably into a g372xt...along with a OEM ignition. Curious

And because I have a channel, here is the 48mm build with a popup from LRB running:

Last edited:

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure why it would be surprising if they may multiple sources to put in those "genuine" red boxes. So who cares really where they come from? They are aftermarket.....which means not OEM...:) Also Little Red barn has a line of popups now, as Hyway does. Just LRB covers some saws I'm not sure others cover with popups. the 48mm 365 comes to mind. It's more interesting to me how these things function and last than where they come from to be honest. Looks like some "blending" between HyWay and Meteor may be happening as well...any one really care? Most Only care if we have access to the really "cool" & functional offerings without fifteen middle men all taking a cut. These popups from LRB and Hyway are a way to add compression where in the past a lathe or hiring some one with those skills was required. I measured the squish on the 48mm with out a base gasket, 1184, and ended up with just over .020...and still has a little less volume because of the as delivered "popup". For 40 bucks delivered? ($32) I have a feeling more of these type of things will appear as time goes on and the Aftermarket tries to define themselves one vs. the other. Hyway with their popup offerings are the reason, its all their fault! Had the Hyway 52mm popup ( 372 build )run this year in a pro environment until it rattled itself apart that was a strong saw! ( The ms660 with a Hyway popup in a Farmertec 54mm cylinder is STILL running and gets used for Bucking. Its got a few years on it, those 660's are a strong saw design ) Most would never see that much time so that experience is only relevant to a person wanting to run that build as a pro. Most would love that build. Have a LRB popup for a 50mm 372 and X-Torq going into saws. The 50mm X-Torq probably into a g372xt...along with a OEM ignition. Curious

And because I have a channel, here is the 48mm build with a popup from LRB running:
Walt, What rattled apart on the Big bore build? I'm considering putting one together and sending to the woods with a logger/good friend of mine. Did you do any work to the cylinder at all?
The kit I have here looks pretty decent. I figured I'd check the port timing but the exhaust and lowers would be my main focus for improvement if anything.

Bjorn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hallo. I have order many things from the barn, and so far I havent had any problems at all. Fair price and fair quality.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think their pistons are Golf. At least the 5200 piston that I got. Considerably better finish than Golf. The rings however were not the same as Poulon OEM.