p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
12:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just bought one for a Pioneer p41, but I have not installed it yet. It looks great and the piston to cylinder clearance is in spec. I will report back when I have it running.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
3:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you can find a meteor version I wouldn't even bother with the red barn. They cost about the same and the quality is known. If there is no other option then give it a try, worth a shot. I haven't heard anything about them really.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only good thing I can say about Lil' Red Barn is they have some parts for saws that are NLA by the manufacturer and not picked up by anyone else. Quality is an issue, pistons are pretty easy to manufacture, cylinders not so much. I only use them if an absolute last resort to any other option. They will get a dead saw running again.

Warped5

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only good thing I can say about Lil' Red Barn is they have some parts for saws that are NLA by the manufacturer and not picked up by anyone else. Quality is an issue, pistons are pretty easy to manufacture, cylinders not so much. I only use them if an absolute last resort to any other option. They will get a dead saw running again.

I went so far as to ask them what their source was for the (in my case a Poulan 5200) pistons. They were evasive and wouldn't answer a direct question.

This event on top of selling me AM molded fuel lines that were claimed to be OEM quality have caused me to never again deal with them.

For all I care, they can rot. Right next to Randy Duncan and his obscene prices.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went so far as to ask them what their source was for the (in my case a Poulan 5200) pistons. They were evasive and wouldn't answer a direct question.

This event on top of selling me AM molded fuel lines that were claimed to be OEM quality have caused me to never again deal with them.

For all I care, they can rot. Right next to Randy Duncan and his obscene prices.

I can't argue with ya, that's for sure. I gave them all I could for a review, which wasn't much. When there are so many better and just as affordable options out there, like Hyway for example, to use it really doesn't make sense to get a lesser quality product. Pretty much the cheap white box stuff from China re-branded here. For that not so popular project though that isn't available through anyone else, like I said, they will get a dead saw to live again, how well...

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can buy oem for roughly 10 to 15 dollars more than meteor p/c's. would not go any other way.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can buy oem for roughly 10 to 15 dollars more than meteor p/c's. would not go any other way.

Yes OEM P&C prices are very good now and a good idea when available. Piston only prices however have not followed suite and are in some instances more money than the P&C kit in its entirety. So now a AM piston and rings is starting to look pretty good.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They deserve a round of applause for offering piston kits for the 'antique' saws we all love.[emoji106]

I used their Homelite XL-925 piston in a Remington SL-55. Just shortened the skirt length.[emoji108]

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
12:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They deserve a round of applause for offering piston kits for the 'antique' saws we all love.[emoji106]

I used their Homelite XL-925 piston in a Remington SL-55. Just shortened the skirt length.[emoji108]
I agree 100% with you on this. It is getting real hard to find nos parts for some of the old saws. If this will get a old saw running again I'm all for it.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for all the replys. The cheapest I can get the OEM piston is $90, the barn has em for 1/3 of that.

Did you try looking at HL Supply? Lots of options for most saws there. If money is an issue(when isn't it) Go and click on one of the ads either Hyway or FarmerTec have good product available super cheap direct from China or Taiwan. Does take a bit of time for shipping though.

Frogfarmer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have used their pistons. They are on par with the Chinese stuff. Never had one explode but they are alot softer than factory or Meteor. On a plus side they rarely ruin a cylinder because they wear at a faster rate. I chose not to buy them for myself.

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am trying to find an unwindowed 268 piston to Simonize my 372, the Barn is the only place that lists the unwindowed piston.
Mteteor shows an unwindowed piston in their piston cyl. kit but only list a windowed piston seperately.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a am 362 piston a few years ago and when I went to put it in a Saw the skirt hit so I called them and told them about it and they said they looked in their records and said I never bought anything from them as far as I'm concerned they can gf themselves and I haven't spent another dime there

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am trying to find an unwindowed 268 piston to Simonize my 372, the Barn is the only place that lists the unwindowed piston.
Mteteor shows an unwindowed piston in their piston cyl. kit but only list a windowed piston seperately.
Meteor shows a non windowed piston for 268. #1723

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Definitive Dave even has one in his store
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/222430619035